Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Poster from Central MD

Post Thanks / Like

Cool New Poster from Central MD

I've been reading C.C for more than a year, but could not resist sharing any tips/ideas I find with the local Maryland fishermen/women.
    Missed the chance to get out to my normal spots at Tridelphia or Seneca reserviors today. I do fish through the Winter when the weather is reasonable.
    Hope to hear from more people on this site.
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Aboard

I used to fish Rocky Gorge res. & Liberty res. for crappie when I lived up that way, used to catch alot of white crappie in Rocky Gorge around the rt.29 bridge. Probably going crappie fishing in am. unless its calmer then its supposed to be then I might chase rockfish in the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from another MD fisherman.
    The Reservior situation is nothing as you remembered. Rocky Gorge has been closed for repairs for the past two years and Tridelphia is lowered 10' - 15' each Fall until it closes on 31 Dec 08. Makes for tough Crappie fishing.
    Good luck and try to stay dry when you go out tomorrow (I would recommend Rockfish).
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Centennial Lake in Columbia has had good Crappie fishing in the past, but I didn't spend any time there this year. Electric motor only and they have size restrictions on boats. I'm not sure if/when they close the lake to boat traffic for the winter.

I used to do real well over at Wye Mills, but that's kinda' sucked for the past few years. I'd heard there was a bad fish kill there a few years back but I don't know if that's true or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wind,rain,xtra high tide

Didn't go after rock or crappie-terrible conditions over here. Thats a shame about rocky gorge I was thinking about trying it one day when I'm up that way at my in-laws in A.A. co.. Is the whole lake closed or the boat ramps, there used to be 2 I Think last time there was in about 1992. I did get out wed. after work fished 3hrs. got 14 crappie 6 small bass 1 pickeral in a creek off the nanticoke.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana

PS
    The coffee pot is on
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocky Gorge Has Been Completely Out

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    Didn't go after rock or crappie-terrible conditions over here. Thats a shame about rocky gorge I was thinking about trying it one day when I'm up that way at my in-laws in A.A. co.. Is the whole lake closed or the boat ramps, there used to be 2 I Think last time there was in about 1992. I did get out wed. after work fished 3hrs. got 14 crappie 6 small bass 1 pickeral in a creek off the nanticoke.
    Unfortunately, the entire Rocky Gorge reservior has been drained for the past two years for repairs.
    I put my boat away on Sat due to the ugly weather forecast. I'll definately try to get out next weekend if the wife's holiday chores dont get me and will give a tip if I catch up to them.
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the hello from both you and Bob #1.
    By the way, Bob #1 is being humble, he is none other than the infamous Mr. Bob Spare, a bone fide Crappie master who along with ShipAhoy41 I consider to by my long distance mentors. I have a copy of Bob's Crappie Basics CD. It is a must for my Crappie Library.
    Crappie Hunter

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    By the way, Bob #1 is being humble, he is none other than the infamous Mr. Bob Spare, a bone fide Crappie master who along with ShipAhoy41 I consider to by my long distance mentors. I have a copy of Bob's Crappie Basics CD. It is a must for my Crappie Library.

Charles

How have you been doing? I told you that you would enjoy this forum. Glad you joined. We are looking forward to your posts. Check out the website fishin4crappie tips, CD's and jigs - Home and see what we are up to now.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    Thank you Hunter for the nice comment. In the process of creating Ebook verison due about March
    "Fishin 4 Crappie Beyond Basics"

------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast