Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help for js

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help for js

i read where jimmy s pc went down and he is looking for a used one . i hve PM some of you about helping that will take to long so i am posting he probabley isen`t looking sinse he doesen`t have a pc.. the wife and i planning on gitting hem one and with the economey like it is money is tight for one to do this we would like to see if anyone would like to help .if there is more doanted than i need i will put it in a fun for a special need . if not enough i will add what is needed . you can send it to.thanks
    Sage Strickland
    PO Box 45
    Fitzgerald,Ga.31750
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Sage,

Jimmy picked up a computer from me yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW that was fast.....
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks jim .

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope the computer works ok. It was running a little slow. I will call Jimmy tomorrow to see if things are working. If not, then I may need some help in getting the computer fixed for him.The shop I had contacted charges $75 an hour to update the system and I think it will be a minimum of 2 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

glad he got one and thanks Jim Manz & Papasage for offering to help....man we got some great folks on here...
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

let me know jim i will help anyway i can .
    Last edited by papasage; 11-12-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to JimmyS's brother just now. He said the computer is working fine so far. Jimmy is working today so he hasn't had a chance to get online.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Manz View Post
    I just hope the computer works ok. It was running a little slow. I will call Jimmy tomorrow to see if things are working. If not, then I may need some help in getting the computer fixed for him.The shop I had contacted charges $75 an hour to update the system and I think it will be a minimum of 2 hours.
    I don't want to insult ya...did the pc have a firewall and antivirus and anti spyware programs installed when you were using it? it may be slow because it is infected. If it didn't have these programs active, it is best just to blow away the harddrive and reload everything.

If it is new enough (built withing the last 3-4 years) it may have a restore feature that can be used to flash the harddrive back to it's original state when it left the factory.

If you had protection in place, it just may need to be defragged. Before defraggin, delete all old temp files, cookies, etc....

I hope I am not insulting ya...just trying to help out. Feel free to tell me to but out at any time.

BA
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntiochBA View Post
    I don't want to insult ya...did the pc have a firewall and antivirus and anti spyware programs installed when you were using it? it may be slow because it is infected. If it didn't have these programs active, it is best just to blow away the harddrive and reload everything.

If it is new enough (built withing the last 3-4 years) it may have a restore feature that can be used to flash the harddrive back to it's original state when it left the factory.

If you had protection in place, it just may need to be defragged. Before defraggin, delete all old temp files, cookies, etc....

I hope I am not insulting ya...just trying to help out. Feel free to tell me to but out at any time.

BA
    No, not taken as an insult. I basically know just enough about computers to get me in trouble.

As far as your recommendations, I did do all that. The computer is 7 or 8 years old. At some point I think we will have to do what you said, just blow the whole thing out and start new with a hard drive and operating system.

I will always take any advice I can get when it comes to computers. Your opinion is more than welcomed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast