Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: did some crappie creekin!

Post Thanks / Like

Default did some crappie creekin!

Well, decided to hit a few creeks off the river today and had a heck of a good time!! There just aint nothin like a nice rainy day to go fishing in to me. Well, learned something today. Crappie don't seem to mind it when a cold front moves in this time of year or was that just a fluke? Caught 41 crappie today but only about 10 of those were over 9 inches. I released all of them to grow into bigguns! Caught all of them with slip rig with minnows 2-4 feet deep around wood. Had a blast. By the way the minnows I was using were pretty big. Id say 2" big fat dudes. Tried some smaller ones and they just didnt seem to hit them quite as well. Fished Eagle creek and 3 mile creek. By the way Thank you kycreekboy for the info on 3 mile. Most of the fish came out of 3 mile. If I were to picture a perfect crappie creek that would be it. Couldnt buy a fish past the old bridge pillers. Caught fish from there on out. Hopefully I can get some bigguns in there some day!! BIggest was 11 inches. Can anyone help me with gettin my pics on here by the way. Why does it keep sayin my photos are to large. Can I shrink them somehow?

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought you would find. The water past the old bridge pillars has that black look now. It get's that way every year when the leaves fall. Just need a good gully washer rain. I'm going this morning. Just waiting on daylight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kycreekboy View Post
    That's what I thought you would find. The water past the old bridge pillars has that black look now. It get's that way every year when the leaves fall. Just need a good gully washer rain. I'm going this morning. Just waiting on daylight.
    Hope you catch the fire out of um!! I was gonna mention the black lookin water, when we get some good rain and the creek runs hard that will all wash out?? Do the crappie tend to go on up into the creek further after that? To be honest with ya i have always liked that black look in that water. always thought fish would love that. I was wrong!

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough day, lots of wind and real slow bite. Threw back 5 keepers. I was in 6 different creeks today as my normal spots are all that dark stained water. Farther up the creeks, the darker it got. Didn't hit some of my favorite holes because of it. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have much luck when it's that time of year. Nothing a couple good days rain won't cure. I'm off the week of Thanksgiving and plan to hit it hard. As for uploading photos just go to dropshots.com and upload any photo, copy url and it will automatically resize it.
    Last edited by kycreek; 11-08-2008 at 04:51 PM.