Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Not crappie but.......................

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not crappie but.......................

I watched a B.A.S.S. Elite tourney Saturday morning on ESPN and was amazed by the fish I saw caught! They were fishing Falcon Lake in Texas on the Texas/Mexico border. Paul Elias came from 12th place on the final day to win the tourney. His 4 day total weight of 20 bass was 132 lbs 8 ozs! 6 anglers broke the previous 4 day record of 122 lbs 14 ozs. Terry Scroggins had the largest 1 day weight of 44 lbs 4 ozs. 5 bass weighed 44-4!

Do the math. These fish were phenomenal!

Pardon this interruption. Now back to the crappie.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 11-03-2008 at 01:49 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything is bigger in Texas. Big fish was caught by a pro from Springfield. It was a little over 13 #s

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished Falcon lake when I was in the service. It's right next to Brownsville, Tx. You can only fish it halfway across becuz the other half is in Mexico. (They will come and take your boat and gear from you) It's a huge lake with some great fish in it. (I was a bass fisherman back then)

Post Thanks / Like

Almost 9#'s per bass!! That is unreal!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    I watched a B.A.S.S. Elite tourney Saturday morning on ESPN and was amazed by the fish I saw caught! They were fishing Falcon Lake in Texas on the Texas/Mexico border. Paul Elias came from 12th place on the final day to win the tourney. His 4 day total weight of 20 bass was 132 lbs 8 ozs! 6 anglers broke the previous 4 day record of 122 lbs 14 ozs. Terry Scroggins had the largest 1 day weight of 44 lbs 4 ozs. 5 bass weighed 44-4!

Do the math. These fish were phenomenal!

Pardon this interruption. Now back to the crappie.
    That was one of my favorite episodes from last year. When I saw it was on again on Saturday, I had to sit down and watch it again. It was great seeing one of the ol' timers on tour (Elias) having such an incredible day/tournament. At one point he was out there just kneelin' and reelin' the bass crankbaits like Mr. Baker does for crappie.

I don't bass fish much at all, but I do enjoy those shows on Saturday morning (if I'm not out crappie fishing).
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

you new it was something special when he said that it was the best day he has ever had in 30 years of fishing tournaments,,,,just unbelievable
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by old fuzzy View Post
    you new it was something special when he said that it was the best day he has ever had in 30 years of fishing tournaments,,,,just unbelievable
    That was a very cool and very telling quote, Fuzzy.

I remembered (from the first time I saw the episode) the part where he said "Oh, my GAWD!" after he hooked an absolute hog and called out to my daughter to have her come in the room and see Elias catch that fish. She's not much of a fisherwoman (and I'm not sure how impressed she was) but it was great seeing a seasoned pro like him being emotionally overwhelmed by the size of what he was catching.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)