Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Truman Reports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Truman Reports

Taking a buddy I work with to Truman Sunday morning. Your reports for Saturday's fishing will be greatly appreciated. We can only be on the water for a short time so it would be nice to eliminate some water before we get there. I'll be checking here tonight.

Thanks guys. I'll report on how and what we did tomorrow.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Fog kept me and many more sitting at the ramp and off the water till after 10:00. Put in @ Long Shoal, fished up the Grand to just short of the cut during the day and back down again. Fairly tough bite I thought. One thing was consistent, every keeper I had came in trees from 11-15' of water and hit within a foot or two of the bottom. Jigs, black/chart, pumpkin/chart was as good as any. Right now, @ 9:30 pm, its soupy already around the Clinton area. Careful on the drive in and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Kaz. Soupy here in Knob already too. Well, I guess I might just have to wait it out. Not gonna take any foolish chances. Will post tomorrow if there is anything to post.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 11-02-2008 at 10:01 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Bob. We decided to stay home Sunday. Hope ya loaded up on them. Will be looking for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Well........wait no more.

Was a good day on the water. Put in a little after 7 and just beat a big bass tourney out. Fished the flats just up from Jackson Branch and managed a few nice ones. Left there and caught a few on the flat just up from U Hwy bridge. Finished our day at Angel Cove and we caught several very nice ones there plus a very nice "bonus" fish. Wound up with 19 keepers and that one "bonus" fish. :D The cutting board measures 15" X 24".

She is 23 1/2" and 4 lbs 7 ozs.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job Mr. Bob!!! Looks like a fun day.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Bob, you picked a nice day and some great fish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, hope the advise didn't lead you astray. As usual my advise is worth about as much as it costs,,zippo. Today was much better for me than Saturday. Found them two thirds of the way back in a couple of creeks and shallower than yesterday. Better size and good numbers. I've got an ample supply in the freezer so we weren't keeping fish, we didn't count but guessed 20+ very solid 11"+ fish for the day. Great day overall, a man should feel blessed to get to do this on November 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day, Kaz.

It was hard to pick the best 5 to put on the cutting board for the pic. There were several more about the same size.

Forgot to give some info on first post. Fish were caught in water 12 to 22 feet deep. All were caught around 10' down. Blk/Char Slab Busters were the ticket today. ALL fish were caught on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast