Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This cold weather should help to cool the water temps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default This cold weather should help to cool the water temps.

This mornings temperature of 33 sure was a shocker to my system so I hope it has the desired effect on the water temperature and the crappie. I noticed water temperature from 58 to 63 yesterday at Stockton. It looks like it is going to be colder tonight and then the temperatures come back up the rest of the week.

The weather forecasters say that Tuesday is the day to be on the water if you believe their wind forecast of 6 MPH.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake turnover usually occurs around 59 - 60 degrees or so? Fishing may be tough soon. Catch em while you can. Is Truman turning over yet in the Bucksaw area?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

bwillaub you say the fishing may be tough soon. are you refering to the weather, or to the bite? I hope this winter will be as good to me as last winter was. we caught the heck out of crappie the last two winters. usually like to fish when air temp is above 35 colder weather is ok if no wind and I mean no wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Was refering to lake turnover, beagle. The bite is usually off for a couple of weeks after turnover.......at least it is for me. I've not done a lot of Winter fishing but plan to do a lot more this year. I'm addicted to that "THUMP".

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the air temps to be 35 or above also and the sun shining. If it's any colder than that I stay home.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished last winter when it was 11 degrees and kept having to break ice from my rod eyes. Every fish would warm me up........or maybe that was the thermos of coffee?

Post Thanks / Like

I did pretty well all fall and winter up at Bucksaw Bob. Regardless of the turnover, we followed the shad and we caught a lot of quality fish. Hopefully its that way again. Cause I have 8 months to make up for, hope you are ready to fish cause I plan on fishing as much as I can before I head to Kessler in Jan.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Are you guys sure truman turns over!! I have always wondered . I have been told since it is a river with water running most the time it dont turn over???

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We were in the Osage last year after camp and it was turning over and the bite was off. My best two days of fishing were in Jan. and the air temp at 8am was 27 degrees both days. Lots of shorts but could catch 50 fish an hour. I take a dozen cotton gloves when one pair gets wet put on another pair. When you run out of dry ones it is time to go home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiencali View Post
    I did pretty well all fall and winter up at Bucksaw Bob. Regardless of the turnover, we followed the shad and we caught a lot of quality fish. Hopefully its that way again. Cause I have 8 months to make up for, hope you are ready to fish cause I plan on fishing as much as I can before I head to Kessler in Jan.
    Dave, you just hurry on home. We have lots of fishing to do when you get back. I'm still working nights so my mornings are free to fish.....at least till noon or noon-thirty. :D

I really like the glove idea, Jared. I'm gonna invest in 20 or so pairs of those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast