Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton---Hang on to your HAT!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton---Hang on to your HAT!

New it was going to be windy....But WOW!! Seven was all I could mustard today. Bout all you could do was tie up. Did let the wind catch my hat, but snagged it with the net. Put in a cc, and when I loaded out about 3, parking lot was full and even had a couple in the overflow. Water temp down to 58.2. Caught fish about a crank off the bottom. 12-24 ft deep. Females had eggs, males had sperm sack. Hope pole bender had a good day.

I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch,,but man u are brave to try stockton in this wind,,bet that baby was rolling down in the big water,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I know you're right fuzzy.....It was rolling, had a few try to get in the BOAT. And I was in the little water!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Glad i worked today. Had a feeling it was going to be windy. Got all my jobs done ready to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

you say you like to learn from me ===== then stay off stockton in the high wind. it will get you. PS nice fish. glad all was ok

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Wind and big water just make for a bad situation.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going Frosty, I thought we were in the GULF OF MEXICO. All we could catch were shorts. We fished all over the place and it was tough to stay on a spot, should have tied up. I did see some guys catching white bass and looked like they were doing pretty good. You didn't want to be on the main lake today!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the concern! Wind was only, I would guess about 6-8 mph when I got there. Nice fishing first couple hours. By 1:00, wind switched to the north and got pretty heavy. Left the trees and headed for Beagle Bluff, 3-4 boats fishing there. Caught 1 small keeper there. With the parking lot FULL, don't know where everyone was fishing. Pole Bender, glad you all had a safe trip.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

With the wind and waves you were fishing the wrong species. It sounds more like a walleye chop than a crappie day. Nice catch any way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog View Post
    With the wind and waves you were fishing the wrong species. It sounds more like a walleye chop than a crappie day. Nice catch any way.
    We tried it and did not catch a thing, no walleye, crappie, or white bass. I know I have asked this before but do you know what speed your going while trolling? I was going about 3.8 MPH with the wind and 3 into the wind. I think I was going to fast, I am going to try my other prop and see if I can slow down. I usually use my trolling motor and go around 2 MPH, but the wind was too strong for the trolling motor yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast