Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legal Question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Legal Question

I tried contacting the DNR but noone there could help. Do any of you guys/gals know if there are any rules against sinking stake beds in Indiana? I assume there is not just because it is done so often. The lake I'm wanting to use is a public lake. Thanks
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't answer your question but I like your signature. My fishing buddy's wife (like mom and dad to me) stitched me a thing with that on it and framed it for me. Really neat!.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! My grandma stitched that for me. Its hanging on my wall right next to "A fishermen is a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other." Not sure what she was implying about that..lol. I'm still hoping I didn't build that stake bed for nothing.
    I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Hank,
    That is a question I have been wanting an answer for myself for quite a while. I know of quite a few lakes that could use some type of structure in them, besides a weedline. I am waiting to hear back from the DNR myself on this one. I'll let you know if I find anything out or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappie bed structure

Looks like there are quite a few of us wondering this about this question. Thanks Hank for asking it. We need structure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would hope some of the guys that fish Patoka or Monroe would be able to tell us!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least I'm not alone. Hopefully we all get an answer soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stake beds

Permanent structures, including fish attractors, placed in public freshwater lakes or other public waters require a permit from the DNR. Doing so without the permit would be considered an illegal activity and would subject you to criminal prosecution should you be caught.

-Team9

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answer to apparantly many people's question!

Post Thanks / Like

Default sinking structure

Yes that is right......You need a DNR permit. There is a way around that though guys. We are all in the same neck of the woods. Here is the plan........We form a fishing club and submit a proposal to the DNR for fish attractors as habitat enhancement be sunk at lakes in our range. If they are marked on a map and placed in the bait shop I am positive the proposal would go through.

By the way......I know a christmas tree farmer that is set to cut and destroy 5 acres of 6-10 foot trees.

Post Thanks / Like

My question is, how much does a permit cost? And I am sure there are lots of stipulations involved also. I think it is pretty sad when you want to do something to help improve the environment, but you have to pay the state just to do so. Don't get me wrong, I am a 100% supporter of the DNR, but I would like to see where all the money goes from licenses, permits, etc. etc. They always have to get their share.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast