Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is it gonna end?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Where is it gonna end?

When I was 16,it was 25 cents.The price has stayed reasonable for the last 20 years.Than about 2 years ago,the price started to climb.It went from 1.79 to 1.99.than last summer,I was shocked to see it break 3.00.now in my area,it seems to be 3.99.Heard the price has dropped,but not here yet.We have been trying to conserve,but it is hard.Hard to believe it comes from the ground in such large amounts.I know Idaho produces more than they can use,and exports it all over the country.Bet it aint no cheaper there.They all have to be in cahoots.They all charge about the same price.Wonder how much tax is really in the price.I would boycott it,but like everyone else,I am a addict.So the next time you go to the gas station,and you are lookin to buy that big old bag of potato chips,ask yourself,"is it worth it?"

Post Thanks / Like

Gas is $2.74 in my neck of the woods. You either have a regional supply problem or the gas stations are in cahoots and gouging the heck out of Ya. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

lol cf reread it he is talking bout the price of tater chips

Post Thanks / Like

$2.34 here
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Dang dude, how big a bag? I thought the "big grab" thing of doritos
    was still about .99 here - but then I ain't bought one in awhile either.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hey Mudwitch ....

Quote Originally Posted by mudwitch View Post
    When I was 16,it was 25 cents.The price has stayed reasonable for the last 20 years.Than about 2 years ago,the price started to climb.It went from 1.79 to 1.99.than last summer,I was shocked to see it break 3.00.now in my area,it seems to be 3.99.Heard the price has dropped,but not here yet.We have been trying to conserve,but it is hard.Hard to believe it comes from the ground in such large amounts.I know Idaho produces more than they can use,and exports it all over the country.Bet it aint no cheaper there.They all have to be in cahoots.They all charge about the same price.Wonder how much tax is really in the price.I would boycott it,but like everyone else,I am a addict.So the next time you go to the gas station,and you are lookin to buy that big old bag of potato chips,ask yourself,"is it worth it?"
    NEVER buy chips at a gas station :D That's where their profits come from ... the jacked up prices on the "goodies" on their shelves. Convenience comes with a high price :p ... buy that stuff at a grocery store !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

The bags are 3/4 air anyway. The old big box nothing hardly in it deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john h View Post
    lol cf reread it he is talking bout the price of tater chips

Oh crap!!!!:D:D:D:D:D Well, same deal applies except maybe the supply shortage. They sale the gas to get you to go in and buy the chips and pay convenience prices. Buy the chips at the grocery store for sure. chips are about as bad as gas. Good thing I don't eat as many bags a day as my truck drinks diesel in a day!CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the price of Pepsi and Coke. Better yet how much profit does ice generate. I got a 32 oz fountain at One of the Choke and pukes last week. I poured the drink minus the ice into a 8 oz glass and it did not fill it full. Ice last year was .98 for 8lb then it went uo to 1.39 for 7 lb. I saw it yesterday for 1.98 for 10lb.
    while I detest the gas gouging it seems like we are now hammering big companies and the huge profits. What about shutting them all down for a year. Where would you work?

Post Thanks / Like

down with fountain drinks and gas station hot dogs is say!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast