Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B & M / Walley Marshall Are Ridiculous

Post Thanks / Like

Default B & M / Walley Marshall Are Ridiculous

I think B&M and WM are sticking it to there customer on there price's, it's ridiculous to be charged the price's they ask.
    I can't afford to buy six trolling poles from them. I may just buy some cheap
    rods and go to pulling, or side pulling.
    I don't mine them making a profit, but holy moly there gettin close to $50 a pole. My little bit of money ain't gonna make no difference to them, but it makes a difference to and my family.
    I think most crappie fisherman are like myself, and the cost of living now is really hurting us. I'm not gonna stop fishing, but I may go back to my old roots and use trotlines with minnows if it keeps going the way it is now.
    I'm thru (complaining) now...lol

crappie cowboy
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 10-22-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

check him out Pro Angler Tackle Rods

Price and rod can't be beat!!!
    I bought six of them. 20 bucks a piece!!!.
    better than Wallys or B&M I feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Proangler Rods

Quote Originally Posted by laserdoc View Post
    check him out Pro Angler Tackle Rods

Price and rod can't be beat!!!
    I bought six of them. 20 bucks a piece!!!.
    better than Wallys or B&M I feel.
    I went to the site, but didn't see any 12 foot poles.

crappie cowboy

Post Thanks / Like

As the saying goes, "You get what you pay for". BnM makes quality poles and stand behind their products. The prices on their website are suggested retail and as another saying goes, "Don't ever pay retail". You can get really good deals on BnM poles from Gizzly Jig -HOME, especially if you buy three or more poles. I make my living using BnM poles and can promise you won't be disappointed after you've used them.

If you don't think you can afford them just cut back on beer and cigarettes by 50% or so and you can buy all the quality fishing poles you'll ever need. If you don't drink or smoke you might try this - http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/g...on_cane-poling.
    Last edited by Jerry Blake; 10-21-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie cowboy View Post
    it's ridiculous to be charged the price's they ask.
    It could be worse:

Sage: TCX Ultra Fast: 7wt 10' Fly Rod, 4-P, 7100-4

Post Thanks / Like

Twelve foot WM rods can be bought everday for $34.95 and I've seen them on sale often for $29.95.

Also, don't forget that it takes almost twice as much material to make a 12' rod as it does a 6' rod. Then there is the cost to align, whip, and flex coat 13 eyes plus a tip in place. There are warranty replacements for one that breaks, etc.

If I had to make a living assembling and selling those rods, the price would be higher.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Default B&M/WM Poles

Jerry I think you may have missed the point I was talking about. I really respect you Jerry, But you kinda was putting me down at first.
    I don't drink hardly ever, and if I do it might one drink. I also don't smoke or dip or chew.
    I know that you are on the pro staff of B&M, so what else would say about them!. I know B&M are great poles, I'm not stupid, I've used them.
    I have 3 WM poles, use to have six but broke them {my fault} they are great poles also.
    What I'm saying is they are to expensive, I didn't say there not a good pole.
    Jerry you work hard at your guide business and for that hard work you make good money, I guess you make around $300 plus every day you guide, and you need good poles.
    I along with many other are not as fortunate as you making that kind of money. I'm on disibilty, and it's tought, if it wasn't for me being a Viet-Nam veteran and recieving health care from the Veterans Hospital, I would not be able to afford my medical care and buy food and gas in the same month.
    There's another world out here Jerry be gratefull for your blessing, So please don't talk down to me.

crappie cowboy
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 10-21-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie cowboy View Post
    Jerry I think you may have missed the point I was talking about. I really respect you Jerry, But you kinda was putting me down at first.
    I don't drink hardly ever, and if I do it might one drink. I also don't smoke or dip or chew.
    I know that you are on the pro staff of B&M, so what else would say about them!. I know B&M are great poles, I'm not stupid, I've used them.
    I have 3 WM poles, use to have six but broke them {my fault} they are great poles also.
    What I'm saying is they are to expensive, I didn't say there not a good pole.
    Jerry you work hard at your guide business and for that hard work you make good money, I guess you make around $300 plus every day you guide, and you need good poles.
    I along with many other are not as fortunate as you making that kind of money. I'm on disibilty, and it's tought, if it wasn't for me being a Viet-Nam veteran and recieving health care from the Veterans Hospital, I would not be able to afford my medical care and buy food and gas in the same month.
    There's another world out here Jerry be gratefull for your blessing, So please don't talk down to me.

crappie cowboy
    Hey Crappie Cowboy:

I didn't mean to come off like I was talking down to you - sorry if you took it that way. You're right, I am on BnM's pros staff but I used their poles for 20 years before they asked me to be on their pro staff and long before I started guiding.

You're also correct that I am very fortunate to be able to make as much money as I do, doing what I enjoy most and I count my blessings every day.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country and our freedom. If you get the chance to get over this way I'd be honored to share a fishing trip with you at no charge.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cowboy if you can afford it this year the tackle show at grizzly would be a good place to start with some new rods, with the 3 pole discount and grizzly bukcs it makes then affordable.

I know your lookin for some rods to winter fish with, the cheapos work fine if you take some of that wieght off them. I use 3/8 oz wieghts all winter and as slow as we go its all you need. Heck, I was hoping you'd get int he boat with me a few times anyway and that wont cost you squat!

Jerry, can I get a free fishin trip? :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestTennCrappie View Post

Jerry, can I get a free fishin trip? :D
    Are you a disabled veteran?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast