Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stock Market

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stock Market

It is now 1:57 PM Eastern Standard time and the market is up 559.21 points. I have heard that there has been computer trading during the last half hour the market is open that has caused a large drop in the market. I cannot prove it but it will be interesting to see if the market stays up.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw that!!! As soon as my stocks hit their target numbers I'm unloading.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Well backtocrappie I don't know if your targets were hit but it was a good day. Up 11.08%. I did notice that there were about 100M shares traded after 3:55 PM. It could have been just profit taking but that was 1/4 of the trades for the day. Seems quite high. Anyway I will take a few more days like today.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Ford Motor for less than $2 a share. The market is coming up.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zappaf19 View Post
    I bought Ford Motor for less than $2 a share. The market is coming up.
    Bill
    Ok I gotta ask. I have been avoiding Ford like the plaque until I hear some good news, whats the scoop this week?

Post Thanks / Like

The Stock trade tomorrow could be very important to telling whether the bottom has come in. A correction has been made from the oversold position of last week. If We don't make a new low in the market tomorrow, We could be seeing a change in trend. It will take another week or so to confirm that though on the weekly charts. Once a change in the trend has been confirmed, Katie bar the door. I would love to own some stock in Goldman Sacs right now. Warren Buffet is gonna get richer than 6 foot up a Bull's a$$ again with that 5 billion stock purchase He made at the lows. That dude knows his stuff. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Ford because it was low I mean low. By the time I bought it it was less than $2 a share. It was as of Oct. 14th at closing bell $2.49. GM was down too but they have a lot of medical costs with their union etc. I look for Dodge and Gm to merge. That will drive up their debt load.
    I also believe our gov. will not let all 3 go under. Way to many jobs at stake. Just not Ford, Dodge and GM jobs but all the little companies that make switchs, lights, knobs and on and on. Remember the gov bailed out Dodge. Dodge had to sell off their one money making company. The one that made tanks for the military.
    If I remember right the high for Ford in the last 52 weeks was $9 plus change. I have a sell price set and when it hits it's target I will sell. Right now is a good time to buy IF you have some extra money laying around. Buying and selling stocks is gambling. One thing I have noticed is when people get scared they sell, but they sell after 2 PM. That seems to be the time they see their stocks are not going to rise.
    A side note:
    I have never owned a Ford.
    Bill
    Last edited by zappaf19; 10-15-2008 at 07:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zappaf19 View Post
    I bought Ford because it was low I mean low. By the time I bought it it was less than $2 a share. It was as of Oct. 14th at closing bell $2.49. GM was down too but they have a lot of medical costs with their union etc. I look for Dodge and Gm to merge. That will drive up their debt load.
    I also believe our gov. will not let all 3 go under. Way to many jobs at stake. Just not Ford, Dodge and GM jobs but all the little companies that make switchs, lights, knobs and on and on. Remember the gov bailed out Dodge. Dodge had to sell off their one money making company. The one that made tanks for the military.
    If I remember right the high for Ford in the last 52 weeks was $9 plus change. I have a sell price set and when it hits it's target I will sell. Right now is a good time to buy IF you have some extra money laying around. Buying and selling stocks is gambling. One thing I have noticed is when people get scared they sell, but they sell after 2 PM. That seems to be the time they see their stocks are not going to rise.
    A side note:
    I have never owned a Ford.
    Bill
    I saw that happen to Sirius radio, so I bought it, low and behold it dropped another 175% from my buy price. The worthless crap is about 50 cents now.