Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: None of the above

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default None of the above

My neighbors have campaign signs in their yards. Obama and McCain streets now in my neighborhood. I need a None of the Above sign. Where can I git one ready made for the yard?

Civil war on Hillcrest Hill (my neighborhood). This MUST be a civil war. I ain't heard any shots being fired.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

paint your house purple, you'll hear shootin soon afterwards

Heck jus paint the lawn sign then blame it on alien crop circles....ripple kickin in here

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    My neighbors have campaign signs in their yards. Obama and McCain streets now in my neighborhood. I need a None of the Above sign. Where can I git one ready made for the yard?

Civil war on Hillcrest Hill (my neighborhood). This MUST be a civil war. I ain't heard any shots being fired.

Post Thanks / Like

Get yourself a MR BARR sign and make a statement youre tired of this junk. I have to vote but I dont have to vote for these 2 loosers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not the most politically savvy, but I'm intrigued by what I see in some
    other countries - in particular, the "no confidence" vote, it is my understanding that with a consensus, new elections can be called at
    practically any time? I'd like to put all of their jobs on the line about now...
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Civil wars are fought for control of the central government, they didn't call it "the war of northern aggression" for nuthin!
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize in advance for what I am about to post, because it may get this thread removed.

Until someone steps up that is truly the "best candidate" we will continue along the same path as in the last few elections. We vote either for the lesser of two evils or we vote against someone. The best candidate either doesn't run, doesn't have the financial means to run, or is branded a radical or lunatic from the start. We desperately need a candidate, be it man or woman, that will not only give we the people straight talk, but stop with all the BS and waste in government. We need someone to stand up and take charge instead of being a puppet for lobbyists or SIG's. O-blame-a is not that man, neither is McCain. Candidates undergo such unimaginable scrutiny that if they passed gas in church they are exposed. Honestly I don't care if you smoked weed when you were in college back in 1970. If you can manage this country, I really don't care what race, creed, color, religion, or financial status you are. If you can stand up and admit when you are wrong, apologize, and not do it again, please step forward and accept my vote. If you can make a decision without having to worry about offending a few people, step forward. If you can handle the pressure of knowing that there will be thousands of people that hate your guts, step forward. If you can speak up and tell those that threaten us that they will be removed from this planet if they continue and have the courage to back it up, step forward. If you believe that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, step forward. If you think that people should be held accountable for their own actions including CEO's of companies that rape the consumer, step forward. If you think that people who are getting government assistance should be drug tested regularly because working folks are, step forward. If you think that welfare should be a 90 day plan instead of a way of life for generations, step forward. If you think that people who are actually working and doing their best to make a living have earned help more than the lazy people who want everything for free, step forward. If you think that illegal immigrants should be transported back from where they came until they can learn the language and pass the qualifications to come here and become citizens, step forward. If you think that pressing 1 for English is insulting, step forward. If you think that the USA is the greatest country in history and will not tolerate anything less, step forward. This is a country of the people, by the people, and for the people. It wasn't the will of those who left England and started from scratch to be in the shape we are in now. Someone, please step forward.

Post Thanks / Like

If McCain loses (and I hope and pray he does not), maybe Bobby Jindal will step forward in 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah backtocrappie, and that was in, comparatively, decent times.
    Now with the economy like it is becoming, it worries me a bit.

I've often wondered what it would take for an overthrow of the govt. to happen,
    and just couldn't really imagine it. Me personally, I might LIKE to do a
    whole bunch of stuff, but I'll admit to liking NOT being in jail or on
    the govt's "list". Too much to lose. Now, you take a fellow who's lost
    his retirement, house, job, maybe throw in a little family troubles, health
    issues... I'm afraid we may find ourselves with a whole bunch of really
    po'ed folks who think they have nothing left to lose.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J White View Post
    Yeah backtocrappie, and that was in, comparatively, decent times.
    Now with the economy like it is becoming, it worries me a bit.

I've often wondered what it would take for an overthrow of the govt. to happen,
    and just couldn't really imagine it. Me personally, I might LIKE to do a
    whole bunch of stuff, but I'll admit to liking NOT being in jail or on
    the govt's "list". Too much to lose. Now, you take a fellow who's lost
    his retirement, house, job, maybe throw in a little family troubles, health
    issues... I'm afraid we may find ourselves with a whole bunch of really
    po'ed folks who think they have nothing left to lose.
    I'm telling you right now. This country is a primed powder keg, only lacking the leadership to follow through in some twisted Hilteresque style of revolt like the 1930's in Germany. I've been reviewing those militia videos on youtube tonight. They aren't exactly top notch troops, but the A-typical silly fat white guy seems to be gone, looks they have enlisted some young men and they moved better than you'd expect. All it takes at this point is leadership.

BUT, my point isn't the advancement of paramilitary activity. It's the the state of affairs that compels people to arm and organize. Even under a take no crap President like Bush, an icon to the freedom/gun loving right, this hasn't slowed the growth of paramilitary groups. That says to me something is desperately wrong in America.

As for overthrowing America, hey, it only took a handful of monkey's with knives to bring us to our knees on 9/11. You do the math.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984 View Post
    I apologize in advance for what I am about to post, because it may get this thread removed.

Until someone steps up that is truly the "best candidate" we will continue along the same path as in the last few elections. We vote either for the lesser of two evils or we vote against someone. The best candidate either doesn't run, doesn't have the financial means to run, or is branded a radical or lunatic from the start. We desperately need a candidate, be it man or woman, that will not only give we the people straight talk, but stop with all the BS and waste in government. We need someone to stand up and take charge instead of being a puppet for lobbyists or SIG's. O-blame-a is not that man, neither is McCain. Candidates undergo such unimaginable scrutiny that if they passed gas in church they are exposed. Honestly I don't care if you smoked weed when you were in college back in 1970. If you can manage this country, I really don't care what race, creed, color, religion, or financial status you are. If you can stand up and admit when you are wrong, apologize, and not do it again, please step forward and accept my vote. If you can make a decision without having to worry about offending a few people, step forward. If you can handle the pressure of knowing that there will be thousands of people that hate your guts, step forward. If you can speak up and tell those that threaten us that they will be removed from this planet if they continue and have the courage to back it up, step forward. If you believe that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, step forward. If you think that people should be held accountable for their own actions including CEO's of companies that rape the consumer, step forward. If you think that people who are getting government assistance should be drug tested regularly because working folks are, step forward. If you think that welfare should be a 90 day plan instead of a way of life for generations, step forward. If you think that people who are actually working and doing their best to make a living have earned help more than the lazy people who want everything for free, step forward. If you think that illegal immigrants should be transported back from where they came until they can learn the language and pass the qualifications to come here and become citizens, step forward. If you think that pressing 1 for English is insulting, step forward. If you think that the USA is the greatest country in history and will not tolerate anything less, step forward. This is a country of the people, by the people, and for the people. It wasn't the will of those who left England and started from scratch to be in the shape we are in now. Someone, please step forward.
    can you translate that into spanish for me please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast