Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Huntin on the Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappie Huntin on the Hollow

Crappie fishing here has turned into a dual sport-hunting & fishing!I"m used to having to look for them but this has become a real game of hide an seek.They dont seem to be in their usual season patterns right now-i think the odd spring we had has got them messed up!I"ve been catching most in 8-15 ft of water close to the bank on stick-ups,some as small as a soda bottle. Threw back over 20 under 10" ,in the process of getting 8 keepers!Kind of enjoyable though-it keeps ya thinking.Good Fishin To Ya!!Dennis
    Last edited by DENNIS BOWERS; 05-21-2005 at 06:24 AM.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's what I like about crappie fishing. I mean they taste great, but it is the finding them that I enjoy the most. Anyone can catch them in the spring, even my wife, but it takes a lot of thinking to find them the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep-when their spawning everyones a crappie fisherman!Summer ,part of fall ,& winter sure weeds em out around here.Most of em chase green carp & gills-nothin wrong with that i guess, i do it on ocassion.90% of my time on the water though its CRAPPIE!! Good Fishin To Ya!!Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

I consider the spring spawning bite "cherry picking". Sure, I like to catch a big basketfull of easy 12-13" crappie as well as anyone. But, after they move back out into the deep water seperates the real crappie fishermen from the rest of the crowd.
    As for other fish, there is a special place in my heart for big cats and I plan to learn how to consistantly catch big stripers this summer. I have a feeling I may be able to combine striper and crappie fishing like I now sometimes combine crappie and cat fishing.
    Hey, Dennis. Have you figured out how to adjust your pictures on the computer yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,still having some problems.Every time i try to download it says my file size is to large.I"ll keep playing with it an get it eventually. Good Fishin To Ya !!Dennis