Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good day to be out bad day for fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Default good day to be out bad day for fishin

thought me and a friend had it made. got to the lake was the only boats on there not a big lake just about 50- 60 acres water was kinda mucky but only caught 5 gills and 2 lmb and about a dozen pickrels just wish they wasen't so boney might make a good snack sometime not one crappie in the whole bunch don't know what went on but the fish didn't seem to want to bite .
    maybe try again this weekend coming if i can get up there .

just venting a little bit lol.

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel. I went from around 5:00pm to 11:00pm. I few bites but not one fish. I am not sure if me and this crappie fishing are going to work out. These things can not be that hard to fish. Mabe next time. I tell you what when I do finally get some I am going to put them in hot oil for my trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

This week I have left the house with every intent on crappie only. After several hours of looking and changing colors I just change my methods and fish for redears. Caught 27 redears wednesday and 21 redears yesterday all over 8 " long. I actually never took my jig off the line, just removed soft baits and replaced with worms. Never caught redears like that but whatever works to take home a mess of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is a good old girl and I've been fishing with her thirty-five years. Bless her heart, she can not tie a hook and has no intentions to learn either. Most of the fish she catches swallows the hook to where all you see is the hook eye. A day on the water with her is a hard days work so I like taking her fishing on poor fishing days. We spend the day riding around sight seeing. There's a few marina's around the lake that cooks up some good food so that makes up a wonderful day of fishing with the wife, to me.
    Well, yesterday didn't work that way. We pulled up on a bridge to do a little flat lining. I have 48 crappie, a mess of catfish, bass and believe or not I caught some monster brim on minnows. As soon as I get some coffee in me I'll start another fishing task she can't do...cleaning a cooler FULL of fish taken on a poor fishing day.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I have been fishing together 39 years. She can't tie a hook or jig, and won't take a fish off, but she's the best fishing partner a person could have. We've had a lot of laughs together and enjoy every minute. She is a good fisherman. She has a lot more patience than I do. We kind of balance each other out. Life with her hasn't all been laughs, there has been more than a few health issues, but the good far outweighs the bad.

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been tough around here this weekend also. In two days of hard ( daylight to dark) fishing I've caught around 60 to 70 crappie and only had 15 keepers. I'll be glad when it cools off and the slabs start coming into the creeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideal water temp?

What is the best water temp for fall crappie fishing? Or what temp puts them into creeks? Thanks

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scoremaster View Post
    thought me and a friend had it made. got to the lake was the only boats on there not a big lake just about 50- 60 acres water was kinda mucky but only caught 5 gills and 2 lmb and about a dozen pickrels just wish they wasen't so boney might make a good snack sometime not one crappie in the whole bunch don't know what went on but the fish didn't seem to want to bite .
    maybe try again this weekend coming if i can get up there .

just venting a little bit lol.

Scott

Scott,

We have all been there when you could not buy a bite.....however just remember there were probably thousands of people who would have rather been out there on that lake with the opportunity to catch a fish or just some sunshine that were stuck behind the wheel of their car/truck headed to work.

A bad day of fishin still beats any day at work.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

you got that right ship!

if i ever change jobs i want one thats only working on rainy days not the sunshiney ones lol
    we had a great time don't get me wrong but you know how it is when you know they are there but just wont bite .

Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog007 View Post
    What is the best water temp for fall crappie fishing? Or what temp puts them into creeks? Thanks
    Don't know about a "best" temp, but once the water starts to cool to the low 70s and below, they start to move toward shallower water to feed. I have been catching them in the creek arms and feeder creeks all year, even in the summer. Of course the creek arms I fish in my home lake have 15'-20' of water reaching a good distance back into them, but we caught a bunch of keepers Saturday out of a new laydown in about 6' of water about 3/4 of the way back into a creek arm. They were right in the middle of the thick leaves and small twiggy branches, hiding out in the shade. Had to drop it right in through the 6" openings and drag 'em out through the jungle. Water temp was 69-70 degrees around the tree. The shad are moving into the creeks, so the crappie are too. I was suprised to find them that far back already, but I can't pass up a tree that has recently fallen. A few guys I fish tournaments with have been catching the big ones in the feeder river of the same lake too. Most of the river is 10 feet or less deep, so obviously they have moved into the creeks already. Here in Ohio at least.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast