Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: PVC Crappie Trees and clear slim

Post Thanks / Like

Default PVC Crappie Trees and clear slim

My brother has put 3 or 4 PVC trees near his dock at the Lake and the cables rusted through so he went to fish them up and noticed a clear slim on them. Is that what the desired outcome is or a green moss to attract feeder fish? He thinks the clear slim is chasing the fish away.
    Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCoz View Post
    My brother has put 3 or 4 PVC trees near his dock at the Lake and the cables rusted through so he went to fish them up and noticed a clear slim on them. Is that what the desired outcome is or a green moss to attract feeder fish? He thinks the clear slim is chasing the fish away.
    Any thoughts?
    I have seen the clear slime on tree branches. Sorry I don't know what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Not 100% on this but I think clear slime is minnow eggs, minnows spawn all summer long on tree branches, vegatation and brush.
    Feathers, Fins & Fur. catch it, kill it, fry it or grill it
    97 Nitro 185 Blu/Wht 120 Mec.

Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt the "clear slime" is anything unnatural, prolly just something growing on it cuz it can. Green moss may not be able to grow on PVC, not that I know for sure, but some scum would grow eventually, right?

Post Thanks / Like

If you REALLLLLY want to know, go to pondboss.com and ask the experts. You'll be amazed at this web site. Trust me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I did post a thread and got a response that makes sense. Got some good ideas on here just explained differently. Thanks again.......