Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any computer gurus out there, I need help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any computer gurus out there, I need help!

Ok, this is really weird. Whenever I print a document in any word processing program (Microsoft word, notepad, wordpad, ect.) it does not print every third line, and it only does this in black, If I change the color to say blue, it prints everything as it should. I even copied a file to a USB drive and it still does it, but, if I print something off of the internet, it prints correctly, even in black……I cleaned the cartridges, and they are fairly new anyway, the ink status shows it almost full. I defiantly no computer guru by any stretch of the imagination………….anybody got a clue about this? Thanks

FishinRod
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

And I thought I had a weird problem. When I use Word or Excel, I can't type a period or dot. I even deleted and reloaded the programs.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Check to see if you have an issue in device manager. If not that then restore everything to default settings. Sometimes if your device drivers for your printer is somewhat different than your printer itself you can have an issue. That can be a manufacturing glitch or a virus. Go to the Microsoft website and have them run a check on your printer diagnostics.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking it's a driver problem Try a different driver. What kind of printer is it? Many printers use a PCL 6 driver and we have numerous issues with it. We have to downgrade to a PCL 5 or PCL 5e.

Post Thanks / Like

its a HP C4280 All-in-one.......I was told to uninstall the drivers from control panel and reinstall from the web download......I just don't know what to uninstall because there are several programs that start with HP in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984 View Post

Ok, that is what in need to download, but what do I uninstall before I do it?
    I was told I had to uninstall the current drivers. I don't know how many there are or what they are called

Post Thanks / Like

If there isn't an un-installer for your printer and nothing shows up in control panel>add/remove programs, then just delete the printer and start over. Or try this, right click your printer, select properties, advanced, new driver. Then browse to where you put the one you just downloaded.

Post Thanks / Like

there are several things in the control panel that start with "HP". I can recognize that that two of them are for the printer, don't know if any others are and I was told to remove all programs that were for the printer. I don't want to remove something I shouldn't

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any other HP hardware? Like the PC itself or a mouse, monitor, etc? If not, dump them all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast