Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Four Days at the Pointe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Four Days at the Pointe

Arrived alive and well in Dutton VA at Starrett Pointe late Thursday night. No wheels fell of the trailer and forecast for Friday was rain.. I was jazzed to have such ideal conditions. Early morning run up the Dragon and the second cast was a brute.

Then a couple of shorts and a long dry spell till a four spot red drum came to the boat. That weekend the spots counted for bragging rights.

Next fish fights like a tank and turns out to be a turtle.

Then another long dry spell and I began to sing to brighten the spirits of my boat mates. Then the tide starts out and the fish move closer to reachable areas of the swamp.
    This next shot is to protect you the viewer and not the fish holder. Talk about a royal ugly dude (RUD).

I see a commotion and flip Mr Ziggy into it and bam fish on.

Next day one my boat mates and I fish the lower Bay with live lines and chunk bait. We did well on 4 lb blues and I got a 30lb cow nose ray. But my boat mate got the real fight with a 60lb est. Southern Ray. It dogged him hard and he was shaking from a 38 minute battle just to keep line on the reel.

We caught on Saturday 8 different kinds of fish and two rays. Had a nice cooler of fish for the table as well. Lots of sea mullet..

Saturday night from the dock we got a dozen big croaker, six red drum and a few catfish. Sunday night will be beer battered croaker, blues, sea mullet and a couple of drum for 12....yummy

Next day Sunday we headed back up the Dragon for a morning only trip..
    The ride in looks like this.

Jim from our group caught this LGMouth on the same spot I got mine on Friday.

The spot results for our tourny where 8 spots took the pride (Jim) and we had 5 people with 6 spots for second. 5 people with 4 spots for third place.

I was tied for last with ZERO spots.

We had a great time and I even sat out a trip or two to relax and drink beer.

Capt Mike

Post Thanks / Like

hello mike it took me awhile to figure out who you were but i did talk to you one time this spring down at a tackle sale in sykesville md i remembered the name but couldn't put the face with it till i seen your first pic them are some dandy fish you guys have there fishing down that way must be on the up it's slow up here in western end of the state .

good luck and good fishing ,
    Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel lonesome, Scott; we ain't exactly tearin' 'em up in the Frederick area, either. Picking up a Crappie here and there, but most of what little action there is is with the largemouth bass; lost three nice ones in the last two weeks....one to my own dumbness and two to the slop at the bank.