Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MT/checking limb lines.Game Warden

Post Thanks / Like

Default MT/checking limb lines.Game Warden

Saturday they were checking limb lines and trotlines. They didn't check any boats that we saw but had binoc out ans was chekcing flats for lines. I am sure that if they weren't tagged properly they got pulled.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that, wish they would step up enforcement at truman also.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

We were glad to see it too. We get tired of seeing all the left behind lines. It is also a problem on the Missouri River. It gets aggravating to get your fishing line hung up on the lines left in the water. The last couple of years the river as been up so much that it has washed everyhting pretty clear.

Post Thanks / Like

All the lakes could use limb line and trot line enforcement Nothing more irrating that to be jiggin a tree and get hooked into someones limb line they left 6 months ago

Post Thanks / Like

thats why i carry a sharp pocket knife!
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default trot lines

no tags they get cut

Post Thanks / Like

Wish some of our Truman, Stockton, Pomme enforcement folks would follow their lead.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy that fishes Truman quite a bit that doesn't mind enforcing the laws. Guess it only takes one time pulling your boat out and finding a Trot line coming out of your prop. I'm all for cutting them if they aren't legal.

I like it when they litter the channel in areas where you don't have much room on either side and they put 50 jugs in there. If you don't have a choice, you have to run over them.

They need to make a jet ski season too. Make them legal from Dec. 1st to Feb 28th.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the lake lice (jet skis and wave runners) I am always amazed to watch them ripping up the lake where I know there is standing timber just under the water. Keep waiting to see one of them impaled on a tree

One thing that OK does that might be nice ....you have to idle under all bridges - for those who like to fish bridge piers that would be helpful so as not to be washed off the pier by boats passing by. But then again, boats that are planed out leave very little wake, it is the ones that go by at half speed that sink you and some people don't know what "no wake zone" means - or else they think it applies to everyone but them

Post Thanks / Like

When fishing is really tough (not lately :D) or Mrs JJ gets really bored (not catching any fish) she will sometimes do what she calls her act of conservation and pulls out the sidecutters and removes old fishing line and old limb lines that are tied or wrapped around trees - nothing she has ever cut off has been tagged but most of it looks like it has been there since they filled the lake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast