Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappie from the pond

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie from the pond

sittin at the pond with Miss Sharon, catchin a few pearch and then the crappie started biting, not real big but fun none the less. Then It started the elk yes elk. they moved to the medow west of the house and they have started bugling. man them suckers are big. and loud this will last for about 5weeks kinda neet catching crappie and listing to the big bull elk... fall is on the way ahhhhhhh fall crappie up

Post Thanks / Like

kinda gets the old heart a pumping. Them elk know some thing we don't. bugling early.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I know I don't live THAT far from you but that sounds really neat. I can't imagine. Good story.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Really sounds GREAT, Beagle!.....Sure would beat the bugling of sirens, tires screeching, and traffic whizzing all day. ENJOY!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

U GOT THE LIFE MIKE !!!!!! i need a place like that .
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Elk and Crappie, now that is some combo. Fun.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

That is awsome, I do have a question are these elk free roaming or farm raised? I would think they would have to be farm raised since I am not aware of a elk heard in Missouri. I did go to Arkansa a couple of years ago and watched the wild elk there and it was an awsome site to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle, you need to put one of those in the freezer. Don't know if your neighbor would like that but the meat is still sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

He probably don't have any freezer room from all the big crappie he has kept.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried eating elk twice and found no way to cook it, that it was to me fit to eat. everyone else that ate the elk said I did a great job cooking it, but folks let me tell you that meat sucks big time. just my opinion. pole bender I thought I answered this post about the elk and I cant find it. what the heck, anyway yes they are on a rather large parcel of land 12 maby 15 hundred acers. or more they just roam arround the guy does have hunts If you want to spend major bucks.. all the bulls are what they call trophy class. if they dont make trophy class they get shiped off or something. they guy that owns the land is super nice. they sure are a pleasure to watch .... think I will clean some of the fish out of the freezer and make room for RABBITS rabbit hunting season comming up soon.... later man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast