Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: news to me

Post Thanks / Like

Default news to me

I got a warning ticket today.
    I have a flat bottom aluminum boat 15' and did not have a fire extinguisher.
    The wardern said I had to have one since I had a plywood floor.
    That got me a warning ticket the older warden wanted to write a ticket but the younger one kept saying to do it as a warning.
    News to me I thought it was just for bigger boats not flat bottoms.

Just in case your out on Sam Rayburn they asked everyone at the bridge about fire extinguishers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fire extinguisher

I don't know about other states but in Louisiana if there is ANY kind of floor that can trap gasoline under the floor (if the gas was to spill or escape some how) you are required to have a fire extinguisher on board the boat. This rule is not really enforced in Louisiana but it is definitely there.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Illinois any boat using an internal combustion engine must have a U.S. Coast Guard approved fire extinguisher on board.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieken
    Here in Illinois any boat using an internal combustion engine must have a U.S. Coast Guard approved fire extinguisher on board.
    Which reminds me, I got stopped on Mill Creek last weekend, I had everything I need......so he wrote me a warning for not removing my old registration stickers. Good thing I have mellowed out with age......grrrrr!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about flat bottom Aluminum boat's in Al. but the rest to to have fire Ext. But regaurdless; Guys you need one in there just to be on the safe side. You never know when you'll need it. Better safe than sorry........

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

If my boat catches on fire to hell with the fire extinguisher, I'm jumping out! LOL Honestly all boats should have one just the same as everyone ought to carry one in their vehicles. I still need to get one to throw in my work truck thanks for the reminder. Them things are good to have, like 2 weeks ago my dad who is retired fixes small engines for extra money. He cranked a mower and a sparked jumped and lit a tray that had some gas in it. All this in his garage thinking quick he grabbed the fire extinguisher he has in the garage and put it out. Could've caught something else and burnt his whole house down
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

State of Ohio requires a fire extinguisher on any boat with a gas powered motor. You should be able to get a free rule book from your state. Here in Ohio, we can pick them up at boat shops or the BMV. -Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... wonder if that 12 year old little white thing even works...