Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville bite

When should the crappie bite on Guntersville get hot this fall?

Post Thanks / Like

OCT 1ST, give or take a day or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried a little this weekend. Sunday morning fishing around some boat houses. No body was home including the crappie. I guess they are still very deep and have not started to move into the coves and shallow water at all yet. I did find a bunch of schooling bass that gave us a little top water action but I would have liked the crappie much better. No complaint thou because I was a fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Guntersville bite

I live in eastern KY. Last march my brother and I went down to gunterville to bass fish.We had no idea what kind of crappie llake it was until the last night of our trip when we met three guys with 40 two to three lb slabs. It was just my luck we were leaving the next day but we did go out sunday morning for about thee hours and caught about 20 crappie to take home. I'm sorry guys but they grow them like that around home.I love to crappie fish but 16'' is my largest around home and it was lucky to weigh 1 lb let alone 3lb most fish are lucky to be 10" to 12".Do yo guys have any advice on when to plan a trip this fall and what baits might be best or what kind of fish to expect, around home I do best with a pumpkin tube jig or a white bucktail jig.Thanks guys for any help!
    Last edited by gu-3; 09-02-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fall trip

If you want to come down here for a fall run i would say the best time would be early november. We start catching fish in oct but they should be hot by mid nov.

My colors chart, and albino assassins.

Good luck and God Bless
    Love, what more can I say