HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone on vacation?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is everyone on vacation?

What's up?
    Vacation?
    Fantasy Football Drafts?
    Seems like everyone either stopped fishing or stopped posting all at once. I was on vacation last week and figured to come back to find what I missed: NOTHING. Is anybody fishing out there? I decided to take a break from the crappie and went smallmouth fishing yesterday evening. Took the kayaks up the Little Miami and lit 'em up. I didn't take my camera since I am not the most stable person on a kayak and didn't want to lose it in the river or swamp it out. We did catch a bunch of nice smallies. The biggest one probably went 3.5 to 4 pounds, most were around 2 pounds. I can't remember when the average size smallie was better on any trip I've made, in this part of the state anyway. I don't think they'll ever take over as my favorite fish to catch, but if the size stays this good they'll give the slabs a run for their money.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing

Crappie fishing has been good for me last couple of weekends. Brookville is on fire. Lots of numbers you just have to weed through the smaller fish to get the big ones.

Eastfork has been OK too. If your not getting the bites in one spot move to the next. Crappie seem to be schooled up through the summer.

Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

I've been hitting the creeks and LMR myself the last few weeks. I got a few smallies in the 13"-14" range Satuday but I was only out for an hour and a half and on foot.

I haven't been to EF in a few weeks but I'm getting the urge. I may try to make it out this weekend. Just depends on time.

I'm going on vacation in mid September. My wife made reservation at Bluestone Lake in WV. I was going to go to the WV board and ask about the lake but there is no WV board. I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nope! No vacation here..

Just this past Monday I hit Brookville and slaughtered them again.. Fished from 3:30 til dark.. I even messed around and caught a HUGE smallmouth bass (4lb) on a crappie rod.. That jump started my heart in a big way!!! Thought it was striper until it surfaced.. The crappie I'm catching are 10.5"-11.5" whites.. Don't get me wrong, I am greatful to be catching fish that size compared to what I was catching a couple weeks ago.. The biggest one I have caught in the past three trips was 12.5" and I was proud of him.. But, Has anyone ever got into the a large mess of biggun's at Brookville?

Post Thanks / Like

I got out with one of my 5 year old sons last evening(I have twins) on East Fork. I used no minnows, just vertical jigged with YUM Beavertails. I caught a few before the rain ran us off. One real nice one, about 12.5" white. Hopefully he sticks around for Sunday. It was good to get on the lake. It's been a few weeks for me. Even better to see my boy have a good time. Fish or no fish, that boy just loves to have a rod and reel in his hand and be on the boat. One of 'em had to take after me I guess....
    The nights are starting to cool off pretty good. If we can just run these hot daytime temps off the fishing will really pick up.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great to see that someone is catching something.

Guess it is a normal time to year to slow down - we have not been fishing for several weeks (since the big bust at Caesar's Creek). Will be gearing up again in September for fall tournaments. I would appreciate any posts about local tournaments that they know about since it is sometimes hard to find out the details. I know that there are some fall ones at Eastfork and will get the details and post. Also Buckeye Crappie Challenge has 2 tournaments in the fall.

Might try out luck this weekend, if we can find a quiet place to fish.

k_redball Guest

mosquito crappie are pretty good, caught a bunch last week on minnies

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been out for a few weeks. I have heard that Delaware is starting to produce some good fish.

CG

Post Thanks / Like

Speckwick,
    Fantasy football! Thats nice and cool from the computer desk! Lol
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Scott, but I'd still rather be fishing. I fished the EF tourney yesterday and didn't think about the lousy Bengals all day. I sure am glad I don't draft Bengals to my fantasy teams. Never have. Never will. That way, when they lay an egg and quit like they always do, I don't have anything riding on them. I just thought they'd wait longer than the 4th quarter of the first game to quit......
    Oh well. Cool nights are on the way. That water temp oughta go down quick and then the crappie will be putting those feed bags on.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast