Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey crappiecowboy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey crappiecowboy.

You sent me a private message that contained a virus.A worm by the name of bagle.You may want to have your machine checked and I wouldnt send any more emails until I figured it out.Thought you would want to know.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation nasty little critters ....

I also got a e-mail with the "beagle/bagle" ... though not from CrappieCowboy. My Nortons SystemWorks Pro nailed it as it came in - and identified it as such, in the text of the e-mail message. I deleted it so fast I can't even remember the name of the sender ...LOL!!

PEOPLE - keep your antivirus programs updated (mine is on auto update) and download Zone Alarm Firewall (free version) if you want even higher security for your computer. I bought my Nortons on E-bay for $10 ... nearly half what I was paying, just for yearly virus updates !! My PC stays on 24/7, and has for the last 3 yrs. Viruses have been sent to me in many forms/ways, and I have yet to have my PC crash or become infected. Zone Alarm has detected over 26,000 "pings" (attempts to intrude) by hackers, with 1500 of those being "high rated" attempts (from bigtime hackers). My Nortons just caught 2 "trojan worms", in the last couple of days, and quarantined them. I'm also running the free version of AD-AWARE (spyware removal program) ... as should anyone who cruises a lot of websites. Removing the spyware and malware "cookies" helps keep my system running faster.
    I'm not advocating that everyone get the same programs I have .... just get SOME type of antivirus, firewall, and spyware removal programs !! There are free ones of all three of these - do yourself a favor, as well as the rest of us, and put as much protection on your system as it will allow. .........luck2ya ............cp

Post Thanks / Like

hey Pappy , I too have nortons as well as spyware and shredder.My pc caught the virus just like yours and I was pretty sure crappiecowboy had no idea it was happening.Thats why I sent him the message.I have since had another attempt from his machine.Cowboy's lack of response may mean that his machine is on lockdown already.Everyone heed pappy's advice it may save you a lot of money.Cowboy , I hope your machine is ok , if not turn it off.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.