Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock

Hit the rock this morning and went up river again and had 1 small bass and 1 nice catfish. Went to maiden bluff area and caught 3 nice crappie and 3 more nice eating size cats all in about the same area. I was trolling with boards and snap weights 15' down in about 20-30' of water and following the break line. Had a few more hits but lost them. Also lost a nice crappie trying to swing it in instead of using the net. There were 2 bass fisherman talking about their catch at the launch and they held up their fish and showed them to each other. They each had 3 bass about 3-4# each and were taking them home for dinner. It did my heart good to see those guys drive away with those bass now there is a little more room for the crappie. One more thing the sturgeon are going nuts on the lake jumping out of the water or just slapping their tails on the water as they swim along the surface. The Gar are all over surfacing and splashing around also.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report barn dog, sounds like a good outing. I haven't been to table rock this year, but hope to get there soon. Good luck fishing and keep that net handy for those big slabs. lol
    Feathers, Fins & Fur. catch it, kill it, fry it or grill it
    97 Nitro 185 Blu/Wht 120 Mec.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe you need your old buddy that did your netting in kansas,,,just a thought
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Your world of fishing is something new for me Barn, with the planer boards and all. As with a lot of people on this site, I could learn a lot from you. Good work!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Well hit it again on Wed. with Beagleman and his partner and Nitro and his partner and it was even tougher than tuesday. We went down river and they dipped trees and docks and I went and did my trolling thing again. I ended the day with 2 crappie a 11'' and a 13'' and 2 cats about 3# each. Beagleman said he was 0 for the day as he waved good by and the last time I saw Nitro he had 0 and started trolling cranks. Marked alot of fish under the bait balls again they just dont want to bite. I think it's time to go back to Truman for some catching.

RICK

Post Thanks / Like

YEP O now to the earlier post. sturgeon? or paddle fish

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake it's paddle Fish. The sturgeon up north do the same thing in the summer and their about the same color. I guess I had to much sun. I need a proof reader.

Post Thanks / Like

Barn dog, it was tough on Table Rock and your right Frosty and I ended the day with Zip but what a great day to be fishing, gotta love it.
    Fishing is always good. Catching is sometimes bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barn dog View Post
    My mistake it's paddle Fish. The sturgeon up north do the same thing in the summer and their about the same color. I guess I had to much sun. I need a proof reader.
    oh what the heck wasnt proof reading just trying to get the yank out of you. I have seen a few folks call them fresh water dolphins, mostly folks from north of 70. any way it fun to hook on of them while trolling, yep fun later

Post Thanks / Like

Beagleman I usually re read before I post but I didn't see any thig wrng wth that post. Jumpng strgon seemd fine in mi brainn at the tym.LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast