Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toronto this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Toronto this weekend?

I know it's kind of late but is there anyone out there who would like to make a road trip to Toronto this weekend and split expenses? We would leave late friday night or butt early saturday morning.

Let me know ASAP.

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    I know it's kind of late but is there anyone out there who would like to make a road trip to Toronto this weekend and split expenses? We would leave late friday night or butt early saturday morning.

Let me know ASAP.

Bob

it's killing you isn't buddy. who's got time to work when there are slab's to be catching. you only live once...i say unless it's crucial chore's, my motto is why do today that you can put off til tomorrow. aaawwweeee the single life. it has it's perk's:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you know me, Jeffie. I do love the feel of a nice tug on my line. I want that elusive 3 pounder and Toronto just seems like the right place to catch one. If I get down there I'll look you up. Jared says the fishing is still good on Truman. Decisions, decisions. Good luck.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

OK. Plans have changed. Report says lots of rain in Kansas has caused Toronto to rise about 6 feet. Not going there. Gonna hit a small DOC lake closeby early in the morning for some topwater bass fishing. Then I'm gonna head to Truman around 3 PM and do some tree dipping and some night stalking. Report to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

where is Toronto?
    speckologist

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

South East Kansas.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here's the morning report and it's a good one. Must have caught 30 bass with 4 over 5 lbs. One broke my line, 8# Trilene, and one huge one got off right at the boat as I was reaching to lip her. That fish would have been the largest I have ever caught. My personal best is 8 lbs 12 ozs and this one had to be 9 1/2 or 10! Could have put both fists in it's mouth! Do I sound excited? Caught them all on Tiny Torpedo and Zara Spooks. Gotta love top water bassin!!

Gotta go now. Packing the boat for Truman. Report to follow.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Bob. I just bought me a new baitcast rod and reel. Cabelas had the Quantum PTI tournament sreies reels marked down to $129. $100 off regular price!! It will not go in the boat on the big lake though. When I sold my last boat I let all my bass stuff go with it. I kept catching myself seeing a laydown and reaching in the rod box for a bass rod. But I got the itch a while back to hit some small MDC lakes and farm ponds so I bought another rod for that. Hope you have the same luck with the crappie on Truman today. I will be cooking BBQ for my boys birthday party and drinking a few whiskey sours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Well, here's the morning report and it's a good one. Must have caught 30 bass with 4 over 5 lbs. One broke my line, 8# Trilene, and one huge one got off right at the boat as I was reaching to lip her. That fish would have been the largest I have ever caught. My personal best is 8 lbs 12 ozs and this one had to be 9 1/2 or 10! Could have put both fists in it's mouth! Do I sound excited? Caught them all on Tiny Torpedo and Zara Spooks. Gotta love top water bassin!!

Gotta go now. Packing the boat for Truman. Report to follow.

sound's like a heck of a day bob. gotta love those green carp explosion's:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Only managed 14 keepers Saturday afternoon/night @ Windsor Crossing. Largest fish was just under 14 inches and weighed 1 pound 7 ozs. The rest were between 10 and 12 inches. Must have gone through a couple hundred dinks to catch them. Caught most of the keepers in the cove straight across from the launch. Did try the quarry for about and hour and didn't catch a keeper. It was full of 8 inch fish tho and a few white bass too. The nightstalking didn't go so well. Couldn't keep the dinks off my hooks. Only caught 4 keepers after the sun went down. The sky was full of stars, I-Pod was playing my favorite tunes, and the beer was plentiful. Was a great time to be on the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast