Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any body fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default any body fishing

Is there any one doing any fishing at all these days? Been real quiet lately on here.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been quiet - haven't been fishing since 7/19. Not gonna get a chance to go this weekend either - headed for Watkins Glen for the races.

Maybe next weekend.......(i hope!)

Post Thanks / Like

I've got over 150 pictures to go thru from vacation, not all fishing but lots of pictures to go thru. back to work and hope to get out fishing again soon.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

camofish,

I was up in yur neck of the woods (sort of) last week in Lake Placid.. No fishing but we had a great time AND it was a nice break from the heat!

Joe, Have fun this weekend! What part of the track do you usually sit? We always liked turn 9 because everyone there always sat ontop of their RV's and you can walk right up to the fence and sit in your chair and have a great view of the cars as they go through the turn

camo521.. Not Crappie, but my Dad has been doing Ok on the yellow perch in the Oswego Harbor.
    Last edited by REDBOAT; 08-06-2008 at 03:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, Lake Placid is about 3 hours North of me, LOL. Still some beautiful county and mountains.

Been catching lots of perch and smallies up at camp over vacation, but look forward to getting back on my local rivers and lakes after the panfish and maybe find those late summer crappie. Really looking forward to the fall crappie bite on the river, cause I'll know that ice fishing haven is near.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody fishing

WOW, nobody is out fishing for crappies? I can't believe how quiet it is here. Or is it that I'm new here and nobody wants to talk to me? What ever, just trying to get some one to go fish with and maybe some info on the crappies, where, how, and what, to use this time of year. If any body would like to give some input on this I would be very grateful. Thanks, Big Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on hunting some crappie once Sept gets rolling, Oct and Nov are great crappie months with the cooling waters and winter coming.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camo521 View Post
    WOW, nobody is out fishing for crappies? I can't believe how quiet it is here. Or is it that I'm new here and nobody wants to talk to me? What ever, just trying to get some one to go fish with and maybe some info on the crappies, where, how, and what, to use this time of year. If any body would like to give some input on this I would be very grateful. Thanks, Big Bob.
    Not being tight-lipped, just nothing to report on the crappie front (other than pulling a bunch from the freezer and frying them up yesterday).

Hunting crappie is tough during the summer, the fish tend to be scattered rather than schooled like they are in the spring and fall. A lot of us switch to other species (bass & pike in my case) during the summer, just to keep things interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT View Post
    Joe, Have fun this weekend! What part of the track do you usually sit? We always liked turn 9 because everyone there always sat ontop of their RV's and you can walk right up to the fence and sit in your chair and have a great view of the cars as they go through the turn
    We always get the Turn 1 Tailgate Zone package. Park in the infield (inside turn 1), set up lawn chairs along the fence right at the exit of pit road. From there, we can see some of the front straight, all of turn 1, most of turn 2 and the part of the "S"s. Right behind us is a jumbo-tron, so we can see the coverage of the rest of the track. They've cut way down on the number of cautions by paving the outside of turn 1 instead of the gravel pit that used to be there. Now all you get when someone spins there is a blue flag instead of a full course caution. Turn 1 and turn 9 are probably the best two places to watch a race from - they're the two main places for passing.
    Last edited by joejv4; 08-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I went crappie fishing today and found some fun fishing. :D
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast