Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman today (7/30)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman today (7/30)

Just got home from Truman. We fished Monday Tuesday and this morning B4 we were rained out. After a great spring and early summer things are getting really tough. We fished Tebo, lower grand and lower Osage arms. Our totals for 2 fishermen in the boat were; Monday, 0 keepers and about 10 shorts.
    Tuesday, 1 keeper and about 5 shorts.
    Today, 0 keepers and 0 shorts.

We used minnows and jigs, and fished the same trees that had been so productive up until about 3 weeks ago. As bad as the fishing was on Monday it just got worse on Tuesday. Today we were pretty much washed out. The one keeper we caught as well as most of the shorts came from the bluffs just north of the hi way 7 bridge. I don't think it's as much a matter of finding them as it is they just arent eating.
    speckologist

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Speck. Sounds like you have had better days on Truman. We are going to put in above Bucksaw in the morning. Hope we have better luck than it sounds like you did. I'll report.

Post Thanks / Like

hey LP,
    let us know how you do.
    speckologist

Post Thanks / Like

Heading down there today and will be fishing in the Long Shoal area. From what I have heard fishing is tough lately. Friend was down for three days this week and gave up on the crappie the second day and went for catfish so we'll see..... Be back Saturday and a report will follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Man guys sounds like a tough few days my monday was like that on truman didn't think it was the fish I thought it was me. hate that it didn't go well but it makes me feel a little better that I wasn't the only one who didn't catch fish .... I heard it wil get better good luck and let us know how it goes later man

Post Thanks / Like

Put in above Bucksaw yesterday went up and had not much luck at all. Alot of boats for a thursday. Prefishing for the tournament this weekend we figured. Decided to run down to a few spots that I know just above Bucksaw and got in to some real nice crappie. We weighed the first at 1.3lbs. Ended up with 10 in about 4 hours of fishing that weighed in at 9.4lbs. Of course we couldn't catch any of those last weekend.
    Did our best in water 10 ft. deep to 12 ft. about 8 ft. down. Several small ones also.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info, LP
    speckologist