Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smallmouth fever

Post Thanks / Like

Default smallmouth fever

yep, we got it bad. we can not get enough of the smallmouth fishing. I took my 11 year old son (a.k.a. slabkid at crappie.com) on a float trip down one of the local rivers yesterday. and once again he landed the big fish of the day. we put over 20 smallmouth in the kayak with several in the 14 - 15 inch range, but of course he has to show me how to do it again and lands a nice 19 incher. the funny thing is we had a great time but it was not about the fishin. sure the fishing was fun, but 4 1/2 hours in the kayak with him is a real riot. he is extremely intelligent and totally observant. he must have pointed out 10 different colors of dragon flies along the way. he saw a huge bald eagle well before i had a clue it was even in the tree watching us. at the end of our float i was informed that we saw 83 turtles, one oriole, one grossbeak, 2 bluewing teal, one hooded merganser, 2 tern, 16 canada geese, 1 musky, one cardinal, 1 vulture, 1 crow, 2 black squirrels, and the flowers that smelled so good were the little sky blue ones with the yellow center. with all that being said, here is his nice smallmouth.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you guys had a great trip
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

good job guys, its great to see youngsters out fishing instead of playing video games