Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock

pjwatson05 Guest

Default Table Rock

I'm Paul
    I am new to the site and have enjoyed reading several of you guys posts.
    I am a prostaffer at www.ckoutdoors.com for CrappieKeith and T.H.E. Jig
    I am from central IL and I am going to be making a trip down to Table Rock Lake from next Sunday 13th to the following Saturday.
    I will be staying at a lodge on the lake off of Indian Point and I would really like to get on some slabs although I know that's going to be very tough. I did buy one of the local guides Rick Chauffeured's hot spots maps to kind of put me on the right track.

Any information that you guys would share with me would be greatly appreciated. This is a family outting and I will be trying to put people who don't get out on the water much on fish. It's kind of a reunion on my wifes side though I will be spending most of my time in the boat.
    I want to thank you guys in advanced
    PJ

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Paul. We have several members that fish Table Rock. I hope they can help you out.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

welcome also,speck is correct as there are some members on here from that area,about all i know that it has been high,,,good luck
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Barn and I fished North of Cape Fair 5 mile up down to about 1 mile north. Pullin' Cranks and wound up with only 7. 12 -15 ft deep black/shad #4 rapalas and #5 Purple Glass Raps. Running 1 - 1.8 mph.

Bite was not good for me. Barn had all five keepers.

Didn't stop to do any vertical jigging. We camped out under the Bimini. We had rain and lightening in the morning and then the sun started beating down with high humidity in the afternoon. Nice to the Bimini on a hot day. You stay a lot cooler.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

welcome, the water is kinda high right now but they must be crappie arround the docks, they always are in the hot weather, so fisnd some docks and give it a go, I live 25mi. from cape fair and viola but have not fished much this year down there because of the high water. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Here it comes Greg. It was tough fishing Sat. with so much water and new cover we decided to just troll the flats the main channels and the inbetween spots all with limited luck. We didn't mark alot of bait fish like we normally do. The water temp was 77 deg. and with all the rain we been having I don't think a thermocline has set up yet. I think there still scattered in the flodded brush and timber and not schooled up yet in the summer pattern. This year is a weird one to try and pattern the fish on the Rock. Were still 12.5 feet high going down slooooooooooooooow with all the rain we been having.
    The fish averaged 11.5-13" with 2 dinks a catfish and 2 babby bass that we shook off.
    RICK

Post Thanks / Like

beagle man
    Youse is supposed to be up north.

Post Thanks / Like

I is up north I is sitting in my little tiny camper in the shade and the cool wating till this evening to go catch a few crappie. I hope! I is a hi tec red neck dont you know.

Post Thanks / Like

I got tomorrow off. One of these days we will get togather. get em red.
    later

pjwatson05 Guest

Thanks guys I appreciate it
    Beagle & Kit
    All of them were in 12 to 15 ft. ???
    Did you guys try any break lines

77 that's not to bad for water temp compared to all the lakes I'm fishing right now are anywhere from about 80 to 82 Deg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast