Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first trolling crank's outing

Post Thanks / Like

Default first trolling crank's outing

baller and i trolled crank's the last two day's. it was pretty rough but were a learning in progess:D we managed 5 on thursday and 3 yesterday:o but the big deal of the evening for thursday was big daddy managed to catch 2 walleye, one 17 1/2 incher and a 16 incher...he was like a kid on christmas morning after that first walleye. that kind of made it that much more worth while cuz we were kind of hoping to catch some of those tasty boy's. caught them on bandit's. set up light's both evening's at dark and only caught a few in 4 hour's. tried trolling crank's around 2 in the morning til about 3:30 and caught one 3 1/2 pound catfish. thought it was a nice walleye anyway's think i may try it again this evening or tomorrow. depend's on how good the beer taste's

anyone remember this guy?

this was the catch of the night for baller:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on pulling cranks. It only get's better with more practice. Cranks catch just about any thing that swims.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see his ugly mug again.:D

Hope he didn't get the sandwich and the 'eye mixed up!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Well good job guys. The back ground in that pic is sure a good spot on that lake for those walleye.You should also try trolling the east bluff from just south of sail boat cove to the point where it turns into Ligget.We used to catch them through there pretty consistant. We saw your ranger parked out there awhile back and drove across the dam but didnt see ya sittin in your usual spot.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job fellas.....Jeff....You must be gettin up there!!....Isn't that the MAYOR of KC? Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

mike, i think it's the future mayor of buckner,,,,,,glad to see you lads are out and about,,,but from what i remember you guys always did your best work after dark,,,,,,

uncle fuzzy!
    Last edited by old fuzzy; 07-06-2008 at 04:15 PM.
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Trolling ma lake huh? Bandit trolling has been a little inconsistent this year. It will get much better once (if) a themocline sets up. Hope to see ya on the water. I''ll be in the 16 foot Lowe Jonboat with a towel hangin off the buttseat up front. Might be trolling, might be jiggin, could be looking for whites, or fishing for bass. Whatever ya see me doing, stop buy and say hi.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go guys. Them eyes sure are a bonus. I caught a real nice one last year on a DT06 while fishing for whites above Bucksaw. If they start to pull a lot of water again I will give them another try. Good seeing your mug shot again Ed. Come see us sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

So that was you guys trolling the damn. We hollered at you guys that night as we crossed the damn pulling that lund....ha Dakota is right if the lake gets a thermocline the fishing will improve greatly.Trolling and drifting is very effective when that happens.But it hasn't happened yet.We were trolling that same enening with down riggers. We caught 4 nice one before dark then it shut off.Fished under light after dark but not much was going on.(As we were putting in we talked to a guy that had a 24 in walleye he caught while cranking for bass).The next day we caught 5 nice ones and some channels.
    Did you notice your depth finder an hr or so before dark and thru the night everywhere you went? It is solid bait fish wherever you go from 20 ft to the surface.If you set out light you have thousands of minnow within minutes. I'm thinking the fish in that lake have so much food they are full..The best time right now to catch bigger fish is during the day.
    Hope to see you out there again.We'll talk

Post Thanks / Like

now that is some scary pictures. not the fish, Darrell and I trolled walley divers,and wiggle warts, thursday, no luck water was perfect,wind great,sky to dream about, temp.in the wonderfull range, only thing we did wrong was go. glad yall had a good time see ya soon i hope.... later man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast