Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Fishing Network

Post Thanks / Like

Smile World Fishing Network

I found a new channel on my TV yesterday called the World Fishing Network or WFN HD (High Definition). I don't know how long it has been on my Dish High Definition package but I am sure not too long. It is fishing shows 24/7. All of the old favorites, the Lindner Brothers, Bill Dance, Jimmy Houston, and Roland Martin are on it plus several new ones. There are several salt water shows and of course, mostly bass fishing shows, but all are in High Definition and most are watchable. If you find bass, most likely, there are crappie near by and while I am not interested in becoming a bass fisherman, many bass fishing techniques can be adapted to crappie fishing. I record the shows on my DVR so I can zap out the commercials but I sometimes watch them to see what is new in the fishing world.
    I have been recording and saving segments of fishing shows that interest me for several years and have a extensive fishing video collection. Some of these shows will add to my collection. Heck, I may even learn a thing or 2.
    Just a point of interest, I have my High Definition screen hooked into my computer and am sitting in my Lazyboy typing this message. I watch Russ Baily's Crappie Shows over the Internet on my High Definition screen. I have bought several of his DVDs and they are better than the Internet shows but not free like the ones on the Internet.
    I might add that I recently edited a crappie fishing DVD for a friend and may do some others in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Which dish system do you have Direct tv or Dish net? Sounds to me like an awesome find!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tritonman View Post
    Which dish system do you have Direct tv or Dish net? Sounds to me like an awesome find!
    I found it today on Dish Net on channel 394. :D Pretty good so far watched Jimmy Houston catching some good crappie , I think he was in Oklahoma some where with an older guy.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

i don't even get a channel 394 on my system, which dish system do you folks have???
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

World Fishing Network is from Canada...it is on the Bell Expressvu dish system up there...they started on Dish Network HD a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by stevem; 07-05-2008 at 12:11 AM.
    West Alabama Crappie Association
    Tenn-Tom Crappie Club

Life is short...Do it now !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bttmline View Post
    i don't even get a channel 394 on my system, which dish system do you folks have???
    It's part of the HD package Dish Network offers. They have taken away a few of my favotie HD channels since the change. But it's nice to have a fishing channel at all times of the day.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I have the High Definition package on my Dish set up. It is expensive but if I can get programs and channels like 394, I will pay for them.

I have seen a couple of shows on the network that look like they have been done by amateurs. I mean they were fishing out of a duck boat in a pond using Zebco 33 reels. The boat trailer had a flat tire on the way to the pond and apparently, was wrecked on the way home. I kind of liked it, it was better than seeing Jimmy or Roland fishing for bass in El Salto, Mexico, something that I will never do. It was more like what you see every day fishing. I think they may accept home videos. If they do, I will soon be on network TV, I make home made fishing videos all of the time. I recently bought a High Definition camcorder at Sears that fits into my shirt pocket for less than $150. Look out, Bill Dance!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

I am going to send the WFN a sample of shows and hopefully we will air with them next year. I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
    Russ
    mwc3

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Russ, your shows are better than most of the shows on the network. I sure hope it works out!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks just looked and its on mine also. Be nice to have one more fishing channel.
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast