Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: July 1st, finally back in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default July 1st, finally back in the boat

It's been 2 weeks since I was fishing late. This is a nice smallie that I got to the bank, I broke off on a nicer one later that day.

Just some cool looking wild flowers along the river bank.

So then that brings us to July 1st. Got a 9:15am start on the lake this morning, great to have the boat back in the water. Fished till 11:15am and had a great morning. The air temp was low 70's to start, water temp. 76 and the 1st stop yielded some nice fish.

1st fish of the day for me.

And here is Jesse's nice 15" smallie.

They love the little 2" rib grub.

We were on our last spot of the morning and when the alarm went off, it was nothing but fish after fish so Jesse stayed a few extra minutes. It was one crazy catch'n time. Jesse went 6 nice gill in 10 cast and this nice perch.

Notice the color chance. The sun was behind the clouds and Jesse went to the firetiger and was nailing them faster than me with the brim color, LOL.

So I dropped Jesse off at he docks and went back out till about 1:30pm. The sun came back out and got hot. I went real shallow and found a nice school of perch and could have come home with a 1/2 dozen nice perch. They didn't want the firetiger, but that brim was the ticket. I had to sight fish for them in 2-3 FOW right next to the boat.

And also got lucky up in one lily pad group that had a spawning pair up under over the sand. I got this one on a grass frog in 2-3 FOW.

And let it go to pair up with it's mate yet again. btw, the other one was a little bigger.

I also lost a nice maybe 5#er 18"-20" largemouth. He jumped once for us right at the boat and buddy was on the net. The big boy landed and pulled drag, but it was too tight I think or bad spot in the 6# line. The line broke and I re tied. Maybe next time, it was a real nice fish, would have been a great catch on the UL for the tourney.

Fish On!
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got the boat back on the water, sounds like an all around great day (except for the one that got away!!!) LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was a great day to get back on the water.
    I even C&R'd 2 little crappie, no picture worthy. :D
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camofish View Post
    Yes it was a great day to get back on the water.
    I even C&R'd 2 little crappie, no picture worthy. :D
    lucky for you, i haven't been fishing lately, if you don't count setting downriggers at work.....the trouble with fishing for a living is...on your day off...YOU DON'T GO FISHING.... I plan on going to billy's get together on oneida, if you can make it, i'll save a spot on my boat for ya!:D