Water Clarity: Stained
    Water Temp: 81
    Sky: Partly Cloudy
    Wind: 8-12 MPH West South West
    Technique: Pulling Crappie Cranks
    Color: Pink
    Speed: 1.9 mph
    FOW: 12-20

Fish have moved into thier summer haunts.. Try pulling crappie cranks paralell to ledges and drop offs.. Found fish schooling and feeding aggressively before the front moved in this evening. Hindsight is 20/20 but I spent too much time in the afternoon fishing with live bait. Caught 11 crappie and just as many hybrids.. None of the hybrids were over the 15" slot limit.. Below is a picture of the ones that were released to the grease.

Post Thanks / Like

very nice, thanks for sharig

I may have to give trolling a try again one of these days. I used to do pretty good as the fish moved off shore, but I haven't done it in probably 10 years or so. I may even try some night fishing this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post! Thanx for the info. I too want to give crank a serious try this summer
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I would have liked to have had 7 of those today. I guess the front slowed them down. Weights were down again in the Boars Head tourney today. Maybe we should have been pulling cranks? We fished almost only live bait most of the day. Caught a bunch of fish, just couldn't get on any real size. Maybe next week....
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience the fish hold tight to cover on post front days like today.. Eastfork can be tough after a front... The outside temp dropped at least 15 degrees on the leading edge of the storm last night.. Barometric pressure was dancing!!! The night stalk sounds like good time. One of these upcoming Sunday nights I am going to break the lights, underwater camera and the short rods for some moonlight madness.. The time is getting right.

Post Thanks / Like

I read recently that the summer bite is usually better n deeper water. Yuo guys are trolling? for crappie? what kind of lures and depths are you fishing? I fish Berlin and Walborn alot and I'd like to change up from the jig and nibble to something different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boathead241 View Post
    I read recently that the summer bite is usually better n deeper water. Yuo guys are trolling? for crappie? what kind of lures and depths are you fishing? I fish Berlin and Walborn alot and I'd like to change up from the jig and nibble to something different.
    I used to live in NE OH! Fished Berlin and Mosquito all the time. As I remember, Berlin was clear-cut and there's lots of stumps on the river channels--built for crappie trolling. Mostly white crappie, too, which is even better. I'm not an expert, but try trolling 2 1/16 oz jigs per line, about 24" apart, with twister tails. Tie the top one on a loop about 4-6" so it stays out from the main line. Pitch it out about 40' and move along the channel edges at about .8 mph. Should run just off bottom in from 14-16' of water. If it's deeper, slow down or go heavier on the jigs.