Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No Luck on Pomme

Post Thanks / Like

Angry No Luck on Pomme

Mrs JJ and I decided to try our luck on Pomme today....now I remember why I quit going there Way too many play boaters on that lake Makes me really appreciate Truman Guess will just have to wait until Truman comes down or drive out to Eufaula next trip

We won't be able to go next weekend as that is the "official" moving in weekend and I think I had planned to go to Eufaula the following weekend.

Today, Mrs JJ caught one 12 in crappie using black and pink fishing in about 25 ft of water - suspended at approx 12 ft. I got skunked

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle....I told you so .....it ain't gettin any better

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that lake isn't too far away that would be an expensive joy ride in the boat if not

Post Thanks / Like

JJ,

Wish you would of let me know before you went to Pomme. The lake has been smooookin' hot for the last three weeks, however you have to be in the right area. The fish are NOT on any kind of structure with the exception of brushpiles. Find a brushpile and you will find a limit of nice crappie.

We've been catching two limits of good quality crappie in about two hours every time we go out. You can use minnows or jigs (any color), depth doesn't matter, make sure you fish right in the brush. Make sure to take plenty of jig hooks!

Don't give up on Pomme, it's a great lake. If you will fish out of Pittsburg landing or Bolivar landing you won't have to worry much about pleasure boats.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    Beagle....I told you so .....it ain't gettin any better
    do not know what to tell you ole son,I thought it would get better,guess not at least in your case,Daddy always told me to have a positive attitude, try that it may help anyway good luck on the moving in deal hate that moving but in your case it will probably be more fun than fishing ,,(he he) good times a comming,