Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big crappie w/in 4 hrs of St. Louis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big crappie w/in 4 hrs of St. Louis

Hello,

I was thinking of a fall Crappie trip. I live outside of St. Louis. I was thinking of going to Reelfoot.

Where else would you suggest for slab crappies in the fall? I would like to limit it to a 4-5 hour drive.

thanks

Larry
    Last edited by LAURASDAD; 06-16-2008 at 02:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh the choices........ In Mo. LOZ, Truman, Twain.

Kentucky Lake, Or maybe a stretch of 5 hrs but Sardis Lake in LA. Be sure to check out some of the fishingin SEMO & into Ark. too. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. Isn't Sardis in Mississippi? Have been to most of the lakes in MO and have been to Kentucky Lake.

5 hrs is OK by the way. thanks again

Larry

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

In the fall, Reelfoot is good but if you want SLABS, head further south to Arkabutla which is just below Memphis. Sardis is only 30 miles further and it gives up some hogs in the fall also.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Arkabutla should be good this Fall and Winter.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I also was thinking about taking a trip to Arkabutla this Fall it looks like its located in Tunica which is not that far away from St. Louis. I watch a link on Myoutdoortv.com from the Crappie Masters Tourney and they were catching some hogs. Everyone was Spider Rigging the open water, does anyone know if there is any standing timber in the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fall trip

We live in Perryville, and routinely go to Enid several times in the spring and fall. It is 4 1/2 hours from home, with one short stop. Sardis is just North of Enid and Granada is just South. Three great lakes to find slaps spring or fall. Arkabutla is just out of Memphis about 30 minute, but we haven't fished it yet. All four of these lakes are right on I-55, and realllllly easy to get to. We like Reelfoot also, which is a little over two hours and if you want to strech it out a little, Ross Barnnett is awsome, too. When they are really on, the best place is a 4 acre farm pond two miles from the house - heeeheee. Seriously, you've got some awsome lakes within your 5 hour (+/-) time frame. If you decide to go to Enid, email me at [email protected] and I'll do my best to put you on some great spots. We generally stay in Batesville at the Ramada Inn. They have a court yard for boat parking and it is 20 minutes from the lake. Hope this helps some. JJ