Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: u-haul trailer hitch-any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default u-haul trailer hitch-any thoughts?

Daughter is moving to Fl. in 2 weeks,needs to rent a trailer and have a hitch installed on a 04 mits outlander.Called U-haul in st.joseph yesterday.260$ for hitch,reciever,ball,wiring,etc....complete package.Will call a few other places today,but time is getting short...would be nice to have everything done at once,even if it costs a few more $$$
    Any comments or suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Had them do my van a few years back. Very solid and reasonable (I guess). Bad part is I set an appointment time but the man working on it didn't know I was waiting on it and not just dropping it off. Took for ever. If you go there make sure every one knows your waiting on it, if you are.

Post Thanks / Like

Might try Croft, they have a place on Truman road in KC. They have done work for the company that I used to work for, reasonable and fast.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds reasonable
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie View Post
    For that price, Cookie, maybe they'll throw in a casting net and a five gallon bucket? :D
    Everbody knows Cookie uses a 2 1/2 gallon bucket. :D SHEEEESH! :rolleyes:

Sounds reasonable to me too, Cookie. Of course, it's much cheaper to do it yourself.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Cook - I had U-Haul install trailer hitch and wiring on new Toyota couple of years ago. Hitch is great - no problem. But with Toyota - and many others now -they have to install a 'Converter' box from 5 wire to 4 wire system. Little metal box about size of cig pack. Something about brake lights being independent of turn signals. First converter box lasted some months - mostly sitting - then went out. Second lasted ONE trip to lake. Moisture. I posted on here and got several responses along same lines and suggestions to go to diff place. I went to local battery/chain saw/mower/HITCH store and they installed a new converter that is incased in molded rubber - works fine. Mecanic said not first time he had to replace Uhaul box. I got by cheap with him as he was able to use their wiring. Just my experience - good luck, Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,kids-its just gotta last 3 days/1500 miles-think I just get it all together.Looked at a few sites this morning,wiring should be just a plug in....newer model cars/truck with LED lights seem to be a headache.
    LOZ...no need to delete...that was funny,they told me to keep the 5 gal. bucket,handy to prop the tounge up on!!
    Bwillaub,the 2.5 ain't big enough!You must not know me well,when I try to do it myself it usally ends up costing 3X as much if I just had someone else do it

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, Cook. Just didnt' want to be too much of a smart-a. I appreciate your jokes and humor on here as well as the contributions fromm Jared.

Tight lines, all!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOZcrappie View Post
    jokes and humor on here as well as the contributions fromm Jared.

Tight lines, all!
    ain't he the guy from Subway...???...Bwhaaaaaaaa:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipbobber View Post
    Might try Croft, they have a place on Truman road in KC. They have done work for the company that I used to work for, reasonable and fast.
    I agree Croft. The wife had a quote for her Nissan Murrano at the dealership for 700.00 said they had to take bumper off blah blah blah. We took it to Croft on a Sat. since we had a football game right by it. Left it for 2 hrs.came back SUV was done. Under 200.00 and they did not have to take the bumper off. Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast