Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Everything Went Wrong (alomst)

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Went Wrong (alomst)

Decided to do some nite fishing this past Saturday nite...First thing that went wrong was my wife decided she wanted to go along...I knew right away I would hear bug bitching all nite ( I'm used to it)...I checked everything out before launch...Everything was working at that time...We set up and watched a beautiful sunset...The almost full moon was rising and the skies were clear...It really was beautiful....Within an hour the bugs were swarming the floater, and the bait fish were boiling the water after the bugs...The wife started catching fish and "a bitchin"...I turned my GPS on to mark exactly where we were fishing...It ran 5 minutes and quit...Changed batteries, but to no avail...dead...I was also checking out the new red bulbs (that finally got here after being on order for a month), somehow or another I tripped on the power inverter power cable and blew the inverter up...By the way, these red bulbs worked great for seeing about the boat without blinding you and no bugs gathered around them.

We were now down to a floater lite, so I broke out my old sealed beam spotlight...When I went to clamp it on the battery, the clamp broke...Had to do a little rigging, but I finally got it working.

By the time I got everything in order the bites were slow. The wife was ready to call it quits (of course, she had caught some nice slabs).

We pulled up anchor and went for a Midnight cruise...It was really nice. We had the river to ourselves and the frustration of the night subsided.

This morning I ordered a new Marine power inverter from Cabelas and am going to Wal-Mart this eve to look at a GPS. Good can come from bad luck.

Just to share with everyone,

Cane Pole
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Careful Cane Pole. A midnite moonlit cruise with the wife is how I ended up with a 5 year old. The 3 year old too.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default oooooh...nooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Careful Cane Pole. A midnite moonlit cruise with the wife is how I ended up with a 5 year old. The 3 year old too.
    Wife was spayed 30 years ago....But I know what u mean
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"