Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shad

Anyone tell me where I might cast my net and catch a few shad for my trotlines this weekend? I used to catch a lot around cleaning stations at marinas.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this will help you, but I've been seeing them around seawalls. I don't know how you would throw it against a seawall that well, but I have seen them there.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is always people catching them at the park lake in Windsor. On the back side of the park around the wooden walking bridge. It would be on your way to Truman. Did you decide not to fish the Shriners tournament?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    There is always people catching them at the park lake in Windsor. On the back side of the park around the wooden walking bridge. It would be on your way to Truman. Did you decide not to fish the Shriners tournament?
    I might try that, Jared. Will a casting net work there? Yeah, I decided to save my money since my partner bailed on me.:D Priorities, priorities, priorities. Fishing before work except after an "e". I'm just gonna go down with a buddy and do some crappie fishing, trotlining, and some night stalking. Gonna spend all night on the water. Drink a few beers, catch a few fish.......ahhhhhhhh, sounds like Heaven.
    Last edited by bwillaub; 06-04-2008 at 02:29 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Was at PonyExpress wed. and noticed shad were on the edges spawning.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Cookie.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob a casting net and a five gallon bucket and you should be in good shape to catch some.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob a casting net and a five gallon bucket and you should be in good shape to catch some.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Jared?? How bout a casting net and a five gallon bucket instead??:D:rolleyes::D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob

Have you considered using a casting net and a five gallon bucket?:D
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast