Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sardis Lake Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis Lake Question

Guys,

Looks like alot of you are familiar with the lake, my dad and brothers are hoping to come down and crappie fish next spring. What week of the year would you guys recommend to come down if you want to catch some of the best fishing. We were thinking sometime in early April, right before turkey season up here in Missouri.

Also would like some names of cabins or some other place to stay.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

slabseeker Guest

It's hard to tell this far away which week will be the best. This year starting toward the end of February the lower lake starting producing the best that I have seen it in the last 6 years. During the week of Spring Break (March 15-19) my wife and I cleaned 337 crappie. About the time the lower lake stopped producing the upper lake turned on. Every year isn't the same. A lot of it depends on how the corps keeps the water level during the winter months. Wish I could give you a more definitive answer but that's about it.

Post Thanks / Like

appreciate the info. I figure we will head down there around the first weekend in April maybe a little earlier, if the weather has been decent. I understand that it is very easy to get blown off that lake.

We are going to send a couple guys with a guide the first day, just to get an idea of where to go.

Mike

slabseeker Guest

Generally if you are going to fish the upper lake your best bet is to start in Clear Creek early. If you go back to your left as you enter Clear Creek and look for the stickups that is a good place to start. Another good place early is Toby Tuby. A general rule of thumb is to look for the greatest concentration of boats. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default appreciate the info.

Once again, thanks for the info. I will check it out, just got my lake maps in. You wouldn't by chance know of a good guide in the area do you?

Thanks

slabseeker Guest

I really don't know of any personally but if you go to www.sardislake.com I think there is one that advertises on that website. Again I wish you the best of luck. It is a great place to fish.