PDA

View Full Version : Lost Humminbird

Locator79
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Lost my head unit (screen) while going down Western Kentucky Parkway last Friday night. Does anybody know if and where I can just buy this. I dont need the transducer or any of the mounting hardware. I have been looking around, but cant find what I'm looking for. May call Humminbird.

Cane Pole
05-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Lost my head unit (screen) while going down Western Kentucky Parkway last Friday night. Does anybody know if and where I can just buy this. I dont need the transducer or any of the mounting hardware. I have been looking around, but cant find what I'm looking for. May call Humminbird.

Question. I know how to find underground cable, but how do you find underground gas lines,water lines especialy pvc type? Listener device?

Sorry about your loss.

Tom

Bullsprig
05-27-2008, 08:43 PM
It would help if it was narrowed down a bit. Which of the 200 models do you have???

Crappie Reaper
05-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Ebay would be a good place to start as well as your local craigslist. I have a feeling, that most units you might come across could be stolen. Good luck!

Cane Pole
05-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Check local hock shop. The usually have some.

David Mc
05-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Question. I know how to find underground cable, but how do you find underground gas lines,water lines especialy pvc type? Listener device?

Sorry about your loss.

Tom

Cane Pole - You locate underground gas lines the same way and with the same equipment you use for cables. The installers must install a tracer wire with the plastic lines for detection.

Cane Pole
05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Cane Pole - You locate underground gas lines the same way and with the same equipment you use for cables. The installers must install a tracer wire with the plastic lines for detection.

Ok. Cable hound finds it. Neat.

Slipped Cork
05-27-2008, 09:39 PM
If it's a wide 3D vision I can help.

bentpole
05-28-2008, 05:09 AM

Sorry about your loss.

Tom
:confused::confused:What in the world does that have to do with finding a depth finder screen?:confused:

Locator79
05-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Its a 525

Underground cables are found by placing induction on the line. It all tones out from ground path return. David MC is right, plastic gas lines are buried with a tracer wire, steel lines can be found off the meter, water works the same way. Your gonna need a shovel to find any pvc, or a fish tape.

Cane Pole
05-28-2008, 08:10 AM
:confused::confused:What in the world does that have to do with finding a depth finder screen?:confused:

Why I asked this question? What you think?

zappaf19
05-28-2008, 08:19 AM
You might check e bay. I have seen them on there.
Bill

frank lawhead
05-28-2008, 08:23 AM
jand h products .com sells the control head only

Wannabe...
05-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Might want to call H'bird and verify which models of H'bird will work with your power and ducer hookups. Probably more than one model will work and you will have a wider selection to find a replacement or might luck out and be able to upgrade a little.

Just a thought.

Wannabe...

Slipped Cork
05-28-2008, 10:01 AM
The one I was going to hook you up with is not a 525.Im not sure of the model # but it's a 3D vision.I have the cable's but I hit a log and busted the transducer.The reason I never replaced the transducer is it's too high tech for this ole boy.I now run a cheap lowrance.A simple mind require's a simple tool lol.I'll do some checking and see if mine will work on your connection.