Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your opinions please!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need your opinions please!!!

I'm in a quandry. I have some Cabelas gift cards. I'm torn between purchasing a fishfinder for my trolling motor or a bimini top for the boat. I already have a second mount and transducer for my Humminbird 787c2i on the front and just transfer the unit back and forth from the dash mount when I'm fishing from the front of the boat. It would be nice to have 2 seperate units but another 787 is out of the question right now. It would have to be a less expensive unit.
    On the other hand I don't know how many times I wished for a Bimini top for the boat while pulling crankbaits in the summer. I'm hoping my buds here can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

THe best locater your can get at this time. Just one opp's and the 787 could be gone moving it front to back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    THe best locater your can get at this time. Just one opp's and the 787 could be gone moving it front to back
    Good thinking but it floats.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

easy, fishfinder:D throw a tarp on the boat:D. fishfinder will give you a better chance at catching those slab's. i'd rather have that convenience of having that fishfinder then keeping my boat pretty:D now get out there and get yourself the best locator you can afford! hey you been shooting your crossbow much lately
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess I will be different, I love my bimini top in the summer. I think it is about 10 degree's cooler & keeps the rain off as long as there is no lighting I can keep trolling and dry. I also use it a lot in the winter, it really helps with keeping the cold wind off. I would get the bimini and save for another 787. I think you will be happier in the long run if you do not get less of a fish finder.

Post Thanks / Like

Bimini!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter View Post
    I'm in a quandry. I have some Cabelas gift cards. I'm torn between purchasing a fishfinder for my trolling motor or a bimini top for the boat. I already have a second mount and transducer for my Humminbird 787c2i on the front and just transfer the unit back and forth from the dash mount when I'm fishing from the front of the boat. It would be nice to have 2 seperate units but another 787 is out of the question right now. It would have to be a less expensive unit.
    On the other hand I don't know how many times I wished for a Bimini top for the boat while pulling crankbaits in the summer. I'm hoping my buds here can help me out. Thanks in advance.
    If you already have the Humminbird 787c2i I would go with the Bimini top.

If your still torn between what to purchasing you could mail my the gift cards. I will not be torn about what I use them on.

Stat save and leave a few crappie out there for me.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    easy, fishfinder:D throw a tarp on the boat:D. fishfinder will give you a better chance at catching those slab's. i'd rather have that convenience of having that fishfinder then keeping my boat pretty:D now get out there and get yourself the best locator you can afford! hey you been shooting your crossbow much lately
    I shot for about an hour Saturday. That thing is a blast. We had a graduation party for Speck Jr. Sunday, so the rest of my wekend was pretty much gone.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with PoleBender go with the bimini top now and save up for another quality graph later. If you go with a cheaper unit now you will always kick yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't work on a tan under a top. I say FISHFINDER.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast