Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: east fork

crappie seeker Guest

Default east fork

What are the reports on East Fork! Are the crappie biting, heard the lake was very muddy and up a few feet!

Post Thanks / Like

EF is high with a lot of floating debris. The water for the most part is not too muddy or anything. Temps are still around 65, but I'm sure today will change that. The lake is high enough that the dock on the dam side is well under water. I went yesterday evening for a couple hours and didn't do too well. The few I was able to find were small. With the crazy weather we have had and the rapidly changing water levels, I can't wait for summer. At least then we can start to find a pattern.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I was there the same time as SpeckWick, like he said the lake was a mess with all the floating logs, sticks ect. but it's not muddy. I caught maybe 10 fish and only 3 or 4 were 10". No real pattern, just 1 here and 1 there. I noticed today the lake is back a summer pool. I think the reason the fishing is slow is because of the falling water levels. Once the water stabilizes it shoud get better.

Now for the rest of the weekend. Sunday I went to Cowan. Lots and lots of little fish, but I did manage a few 10" fish once I moved a little deeeper (12-15 FOW). My first fish in the deeper water was a 5 or 6# flathead. A few of the bigger fish still had eggs.

Today (monday) I went to Bullskin Creek. I caught rock bass, largemouth bass, stripers, spotted bass, sauger, blugill and a bunch of other sunfish but not 1 crappie. I did see 1 dead crappie floating so I guees they're there somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

the lake has been stabil for a few days, hopefully this rain coming in saturday won't mess it up again.

I'll probably be there Saturday unless the rain is pretty bad. Maybe I'll go later in the day.

anyone else going this week end?

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork Tomorrow

Crappiemax

I wanted to let you know there is a Buckeye Crappie Challenge tournament at East Fork tomorrow. Weigh in will be at the North Shore boat ramp at 4.

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Starvin, thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to give it a go anyway. Maybe I'll check out the weight in.