Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Saturday

We went in the afternoon. Pole Bender, jlt jr. and I. Get your 4 wheelers ready and I hope you don't mind a scratched up boat. Shallow, not many, but big. dig through the timber and find a tree. blk/chart, but lots of hangups. Water in the low 70's.

Eggs were solid, not yet ready. I am thoroughly confused. Catch a few quick and then nothing. They are really spread out. Every place you see looks great for crappie.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. I have never seen this before, but I have not been fishing for crappie in MO for very long.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Truman, just keep looking, remember those spots and come back later and catch a few more, after you find enough spots you can make a milk run, and in awhile have a good mess of fish. Enough spots and you get limits. It seems to me that those spots might last the season as long as those water levels hold. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

jlt,
    Welcome to the weird world of fishing. Where did you go at stockton?? Thurs. went to birch. We were the only boat there, lots of brush. Got fish frome 6 to 30 ft. slow trolling.
    Do you know the guy that ownes southtown bait?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Buzzman we fished Birch and JLT's boat is a bull dozer we were it the trees and I mean so far that boats passing by could not see us. They were shallow and we went in to find them. The first time in JLT caught 2 big black crappie off the same tree and I thought we were going to load the boat, but did not get another bite until we moved. It was fun and I can't wait to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmanmo View Post
    jlt,
    Welcome to the weird world of fishing. Where did you go at stockton?? Thurs. went to birch. We were the only boat there, lots of brush. Got fish frome 6 to 30 ft. slow trolling.
    Do you know the guy that ownes southtown bait?
    I do not know who owns South Town. I have probably met him, but I do not get over there very often. I like the shop, but there are just some closer to me.

As Bender said we fished mostly birch.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish birch alot. Hope you guys can make it to the gettogather. Got to get with bender and get the lead. new mold on the way.
    later