Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Okemah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Okemah

I am used to fishing the crystal clear lakes here in Arkansas. Going to Okemah for a few days in late June. Was wondering if anyone on this board fishes there and has any tips for me?
    Also I will be taking my boat with me. Is there any pole restrictions in Oklahoma? As bad as you guys kill us in football I cant imagine how bad it would be if the game warden got a out of place Arkie over the barrel up in Oklahoma.

Post Thanks / Like

up to seven rods per person, no hook limits. i have never fished okemah, but if it is like other oklahoma lakes, blue and white, red and yellow char., pink and char., these are colors that have worked well in different lakes in oklahoma. good luck

mikey0715 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gooch
    I am used to fishing the crystal clear lakes here in Arkansas. Going to Okemah for a few days in late June. Was wondering if anyone on this board fishes there and has any tips for me?
    Also I will be taking my boat with me. Is there any pole restrictions in Oklahoma? As bad as you guys kill us in football I cant imagine how bad it would be if the game warden got a out of place Arkie over the barrel up in Oklahoma.
    check this out....

http://www.okemah.org/Okemah/lake_rules.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in hearing any updates on this lake? Any tips of where to go and colors to use.