Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Slip Bobber help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Slip Bobber help

I have read numerous articles about crappie fishing that make mention of a slip bobber with a thread stop. I know what the slip bobber is as I use them all the time. I also use one of the plastic stops that you thread your line through. This works with a bead above the cork. I sometimes have problems with the line snagging on the plastic stop after retrieving the line. When I go to cast the line stops and I get a short cast.
    Anyone out there that can give me a little more information about the thread stop. Is this something you buy? Do you tie thread on the line?
    I would appreciate any information.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

whiplash Guest

Default RE: slip boober

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    I have read numerous articles about crappie fishing that make mention of a slip bobber with a thread stop. I know what the slip bobber is as I use them all the time. I also use one of the plastic stops that you thread your line through. This works with a bead above the cork. I sometimes have problems with the line snagging on the plastic stop after retrieving the line. When I go to cast the line stops and I get a short cast.
    Anyone out there that can give me a little more information about the thread stop. Is this something you buy? Do you tie thread on the line?
    I would appreciate any information.
    bass pro or cabela,s have them in their catalogs ---they are pretied and ready to use whiplash

Post Thanks / Like

They are usually at K-Mart. They come tied on a plastic sleeve you thread the line thru and then slide the thread onto the line and tighten.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default You can tie your own, too

It's called a sliding stop. It's a lot like a uni-knot tied onto your line with a soft thread. We've used the pretied ones from KMart. I don't like using a float, but when I do, I prefer the small rubber stops, The problem I've had with the thread ones is that you have to reposition all the time since they slide on mono. Now if you're using braid, they're great. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    It's called a sliding stop. It's a lot like a uni-knot tied onto your line with a soft thread. We've used the pretied ones from KMart. I don't like using a float, but when I do, I prefer the small rubber stops, The problem I've had with the thread ones is that you have to reposition all the time since they slide on mono. Now if you're using braid, they're great. - Roberta
    I only rarely have a problem with the thread style stops sliding on mono. ..but I do make sure they are real tight.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looked up slip bobbers for fishing on the internet and found one called
    slip bobber swami that looked good just type in slip bobbers for fishing.
    then click on slip bobber swami and click rigging to see illustration.
    Lots of luck.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Looked up slip bobbers for fishing on the internet and found one called
    slip bobber swami that looked good just type in slip bobbers for fishing.
    then click on slip bobber swami and click rigging to see illustration.
    Lots of luck.
    Sacalait Steve,
    I looked it up. Pretty good site in regards to the slip bobber. The site has information that echoed the thoughts of some of the other replys I got on this subject. Thanks for everyone's help. Steve, you are a good man. Now I can see why Ma Ma always liked you best
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.