Saltfork Lake 5-17 Winner Clapper & Russell

East Fork Lake 5-31
    Delaware Lake 6-14
    Caesar Creek 9-20
    Grand Lake St. Marys 10-4

there is still time to make the
    Classic at Buckeye Lake 10-18

??? call Jeff @ 419-305-8762
    Last edited by Yates; 05-19-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I may have to disagree. Just kidding though. Russ does run a great circuit that attracts folks from many states, but the entry is a little higher and so is the competition. I would say it it is the best high competition circuit around, that is for sure.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bttmline View Post
    I may have to disagree. Just kidding though. Russ does run a great circuit that attracts folks from many states, but the entry is a little higher and so is the competition. I would say it it is the best high competition circuit around, that is for sure.
    Tim
    you said entry is high ?? it's only $75. you also said so the competition ??? what would you call a tournament with no competition. maybe one you could WIN ??? Just kidding, come on try 1 or 2 the 1st 3 this year paid over $1000. each for 1st & $590.for 2nd & over $400.for 3rd! bring your hold gang could be fun! we will see if they can fish?? lol Larry
    Last edited by Yates; 05-20-2008 at 09:10 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I think the OGF Crappie Open is pretty good, but I'm biased as heck! :D

I'm going to fish the EBCC West Branch Open this coming weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I'd like to fish a crappie tournament trail, but the main issue for me isn't entry fees or gas money, it's time. It sure isn't worrying about the competition.

We'll see what happens in the future though.
    Microspoons Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shelby County Crappie Club

I think the Shelby County Crappie Club has some of the best tournaments. We fish Indian Lake twice, Loramie Lake twice, and Grand Lake St. Marys twice each year. At the end of the season we hold a Classic tournament at a different lake every year. The cost for a two man team is only $300 for all the tournaments and the classic. We also give everyone who fishes in the Classic $50 for gas money. The payouts are pretty good at over $450 dollar for 4 places and "big fish" for each tournament and doubles for the Classic. The payouts change each year depending on how many teams join (this year we have 12 teams). As far as the competition the weights are just a high as every other crappie club's in the state when they come to any one of our 3 lakes.

Some may argue that the Shely County Crappie Club does not have the best tournaments and thats fine. The guys I fish with are top notch and fun to fish with. The touraments and weigh ins are fun and exciting. These are qualities I look for in a fishing club and in my book that makes The Shelby County Crappie Club one of the very best!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shelby County

I would have to second the Shelby County Crappie Club. Great bunch of guys and great competition. Big plus is they are all local lakes for us around Auglaize, Allen, and Shelby County, less gas $$$.

Buckeye Crappie Challenge is very good too!!

Post Thanks / Like

cspot692001 You said your club fished Indian,Loramie & st.Marys twice why can't get right the 1st time??? Just kidding. I agree Shelby co. & Eastern Buckeye Crappie are two good clubs. I know some of guys @ each club. I like the Boar's Head @ East Fork (10 tournament) at that the same lake still can't get it right. I also like Crappie U.S.A. I think the Buckeye Crappie Challenge is the best bang for your buck.
    Good fishing & God Bless
    Larry
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I fished 2 BCC events in 2006(poor showing @ Delaware & 10th @ Alum). I fished the OGF tourney in 2007(6th). If I had a boat I would fish more tournaments. I hope to have one in the near future.

CG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    I like the Boar's Head @ East Fork (10 tournament) at that the same lake still can't get it right. Larry
    Yeah Larry, I'd like to have your troubles in the Boars Head tourneys.:D If your usual results are "not getting it right" then I should just stay home. You always seem to be up there every time out. I'm still relatively new to the tournament scene. This is my second full season at the Boars Head, though we fished a few in 2006 too. I really like the set up and Mike runs a pretty good tournament. It's tough for me to find much time to get out and fish at all in the spring, let alone fish more tournaments. Spring is my busy season at work. I have fished some BCC events and if I had time I'd fish the whole circuit. Maybe next year. For now, I'll stick with the Boars Head and see if I can't start competing more consistently with the Yates and Daniels of the world. Good luck to all.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com