Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Watch out for crazies on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch out for crazies on the water.

It has begun.

Incident Type : Incident Date :
    2 BOAT COLLISION
    05/17/2008
    Waterway : District : Incident Time :
    MERAMEC RIVER 5 3:15:00 PM
    GEORGE WINTER PARK FENTON, MO ST. LOUIS
    Summary :
    BOAT 1 WAS PROCEEDING UPSTREAM WHEN APPROXIMATELY 5 PWC'S BEGAN JUMPING ITS WAKE. OPERATOR OF BOAT 2 STRUCK A WAKE AND WAS THROWN OFF. BOAT 2 CONTINUED ON AND STRUCK BOAT 1. ANOTHER PWC PICKED UP THE OPERATOR AND AFTER GETTING BACK ON THE PWC HE LEFT THE SCENE.
    Boat(s) Involved Listing: Boat Number : 1
    Boat Type : Damage Estimate :
    2005 LANDAU PONTOON $1,500 ALUMINUM SKIRTING AND RAIL
    Boat Owner : Owner City/State :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CHRISTOPHER SEEMAIER FENTON, MO
    Operator Date of Birth : City/State :
    SEEMAIER, CHRISTOPHER 3/2/1959 FENTON, MO
    Boat Number : 2
    Boat Type : Damage Estimate :
    2005 HONDA JET SKI $400 FIBERGLASS
    Boat Owner : Owner City/State :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JEREMY MARSHALL ST LOUIS, MO
    Operator Date of Birth : City/State :
    Marshall, Jeremy 8/15/1980 St. Louis, MO

Post Thanks / Like

On Stockton yesterday I knew that I had forgot my Shotgun.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a bad deal. To me it seems that PWC are nothing but trouble
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Let's remember it's the idiot operating the PWC. If everyone would get a number for a Game Warden and carry it with them and turn these idiots in while they are being wiseacers the wardens will not have any mercy on them. They have rules to follow just like we do in our boats but like PWC's there are some boats that have idiot's operating them. Don't get mad, get even TURN THEM IN....... Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agreed, Ferdi...

It's not the vehicle, it's the driver. Our family has a PWC and I drive it sometimes -- always responsibly. I have on more than one occasion, however, stopped and yelled at unsafe PWC drivers as I was driving our boat on the lake.

There are safe, responsible people driving PWCs, boats, cars, motorcycles, trucks, tractors and lawnmowers. Unfortunately, there are some idiots driving them, too. Hopefully the law of natural selection thins 'em out a bit over time. :D

Be safe, everyone and wear your PFD when fishin' in case you come across the dim bulbs.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

A big problem with the PWCs is that many people do not "recognize" them as fast and very powerful boats.

So many people don't recognize the potential danger. They show the rookie the controls, tell them to be careful, and turn them loose.

We ran onto a fourteen year old kid a couple of years ago in the middle of the Gravois Arm on a dead unit. We showed him how to use the reserve gas tank, got him started, and pointed him toward a marina. He didn' know where he was, had no phone and didn't know the name of the people his parents were staying with!
    Gadget Man