Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I'm a hunter.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a hunter.

I'm constantly huntin' my car keys, glasses, billfold, etc.

I used to hunt quail. Not many left here. Coyotes, fox, skunks just bout ruined it.

I don't hunt much anymore as it is not safe for anyone to be around me when I have a loaded gun. I have a nerve disorder called essential tremor (sometimes confused with Parkinson's disease).

I also trap and skeet shoot (between shakes).

I got some nice pieces hanging on the wall. Couple haven't been shot in 20 years or more. I take them down and clean them on occasion.

I will be reading you guys posts with envy.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, You Sure Have Been Quiet. I Sent You A Pm, Few Days Ago. U R Right, This Seems To B A Good Site.

Post Thanks / Like

I was raised a quail hunter. I even got to hunt with my G-Grandpa a couple of times. He used to sell picked quail and feathers at the market in St. Louis, back in the day. They'd pack the birds in barrels/salt. He got my Grandpa started bird hunting, then it was just something we did together. I haven't had a pointer in about 15 yrs. No birds here like there used to be either.

Post Thanks / Like

Aint heard a Bobwhite call in the evening for good many years where i live.Back in my youth i shot a many of em........those were the days!I even learned in my youth that if i kept my swing going i could fire and still kill them through the brush piles..........got a double like that once.I have seen 1 female bobwhite were i live in the last 8 years are so.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tom,I hunt dear & bear only (without a gun tho)

Dear little faces & bear little butts :D
    "Hides are worth little" "But cost alot"

Post Thanks / Like

I keep telling myself this year I won't shoot anything unless it has nine points or better. I am a failure. I did it again last year. A seven and a eight point. I felt sad and dejected at myself for the lack of self control. I almost had to go to a psychiatrist because of the way I just couldn't stop talking about it and the letdown after it was over and I realized what I had done. Two of my hunting partners had to go to the psychiatrist because of it and the only hope they have is a more rewarding year this year. And that was all because of a lack of control on my part. After turkey season the psychiatrist had to see a psychiatrist. I won't tell what all horrible things happened at turkey camp but it wasn't good. Pheasant camp was even gloomier than that. Thank God for Crappie fishing it always puts things back in a right perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't hunt as much as I once did, just plan hard finding time. It really feels good to get out, into the field. I enjoy it even more now.

Being out with nature, hunting, fishing, hiking and camping is my psychiatrist appointment. Besides it cost about the same.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Use to hunt a lot of quail back in my younger days down in Arkansas were a lot of quail then, now i live in southern Indiana and the only quail you can find around here are at a hunting preserve, did that once it was ok but not like hunting wild birds.

They were very slow and not much of a challenge to bring down. When wild quail explode up off the ground you can be as ready as you want to be but they are still going to shake you up. Oh for the good ole days.

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required