Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cast netting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cast netting

Made a trip after work down to cocodrie. caught 7 lbs no very big but did what i had to do................

joshua

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Joshuasoileau;516582]Made a trip after work down to cocodrie. caught 7 lbs no very big but did what i had to do................

Dog gone makes me want to adopt you:D
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Man now you done and got me hungry! Now I am going to have to make a trip down to Rockafeller and see what they are doing down there!

Thanks for the pictures. :D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch. I am like Dwyane, you done made me hungry with them boiled shrimp.
    Dwyane when they start running down there in Rockafeller you gonna have to give me a call so I can ride down there and make a trip with you.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Call me to and I will go buy my a cast net. I have a stupid ?? Are those brown shrimp? I heard you could not eat brown shrimp. I dont know.:rolleyes:How can you tell never seen brown /white shrimp side by side.
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatortrax35 View Post
    Call me to and I will go buy my a cast net. I have a stupid ?? Are those brown shrimp? I heard you could not eat brown shrimp. I dont know.:rolleyes:How can you tell never seen brown /white shrimp side by side.
    you can eat them. Ill try and get a pic to id them its not hard there is 2 ridges on the head one species has long ones the other is short. Not sure what is what.

I would like to go but i dont have time i usually go shrimp after work.. I will tell you were to go if you want to go it's in cocodrie LA. You may want to go pecan island might be a shorter ride but they want be running till the end of the month in pecan island.
    Last edited by Joshuasoileau; 05-11-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    joshua

Post Thanks / Like

Yea there AINT NOTHING WRONG with brown shrimp! :D lol. I hear people say this and I have to laugh. I have been eating brown shrimp all my life and it hasn't harmed me yet! (Just don't ask my wife! )

The brown shrimp start running out to the gulf earlier than the white shrimp and tend to be smaller. The white shrimp usually start running out good to the gulf around September or October (whenever the cold fronts start coming through).
    I will also look and see if I can find some pics of the 2 different species.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Dwyane, I have eaten alot of them in my lifetime too. As for the pics, I found a couple and I don't know if it will show the difference in them.
    First one is the white shrimp.

and for the Brown Shrimp.

You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

joshua

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks,I will tell yall a story if you promise not to laugh at me! Last yr went down to cameron and saw a shrimp boat unloading shrimp at dock, We pulled up and asked to buy some live shrimp. The guy was real nice and just gave us ALOT for free. He told me these are brown shrimp have alot iodine so you dont eat them unless you soak in milk,good for gumbos and stuf like that.I guess he wanted a good laugh, im pretty sure he could tell I wasnot from around these parts! So anyway, we go fishing with our live shrimp smiles on our faces!YES SCORE!. I had shrimp saver tablets, so I added them to shrimp and clean water. Also added some ice. So we fish , then I change out water and add more saver tablets and more ice , like I was told to do. Did that abour 4 times throughout the day. After day of fishing, I saw I had enough shrimp in the bucket for about one good plate of boiled shrimp,( YEA I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING, SUN AND SHRIMP SAVER TABLETS) AND THESE SHRIMP have been in that the whole day. I was not thinking, all I saw was YES IM HAVING BOILED SHRIMP TONIGHT, I HAVE CRAB BOIL AT THE HOUSE YES! "Im so lucky what a great day!" So I get back to house the kids want some and being the good father I am I told them no because all I had was about one plate.(NO MINE.) WELL GOD PUNISHED ME FOR THAT! , the next morning I was hugging the toilet rim like a big Margarita! (larry). and IT was coming out of both ends. I was in so much pain , my wife was at work, and I was crying like a 2 yrold who got his favorite candie taken away. I was so close to calling 911, it was not funny. I was burping and it was the smellest , nasty burps , you could NASTE THEM and smell them from across the room, when I smelled it it made me sick again, great round 7 hear we go again. I was so sick, so thats why im asking about brown shrimp, so if I ask so many questions SHADOW, its because I DONT WANT TO KILL MYSELF! haha now you can laugh at me ! LEASON #8 now ready for #9
    Last edited by Gatortrax35; 05-13-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast