Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guess What - It's Raining

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Guess What - It's Raining

Well, the rain started here about 10:30 this morning.

Like all the reports, I seen, the fish have backed off a little bit here on the Big Niangua. Out around the corner of the docks or in front of the brush piles. Seems we found them better near the mouth of the coves than we did further back.

Water temperature this morning was 64 degrees and it didn't matter too much on color. Two of us came in with 16 nice crappie. Some black and some whites, haven't cleaned them yet, but looked like about 1/2 male 1/2 female.

Just hope we don't get the 3-5" they are saying is possible!!
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, does this mean there is going to be another wave of spawning? It seems that they have been spawning for awhile now. I guess the weather has split it up into a lot of little spawns instead of one continual one. By the way, have you heard anything on the Gravois arm?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I am sure not any kind of expert on spawn, but they still have a lot of eggs, and I think the thing going for us is that the water temp is still in the mid 60's. So, hopefully they will continue.

I have a friend that did real good up the Gravois arm on up into Indian Creek last week. But he hasn't been down this week yet, so that is all I know.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark, Iam obviously no expert on the spawn either.